What/how To Seal A Panel Lined Yamato

Dobber

I have a VF-0S by Yamato that I panel lined with a lead pencil and it is also lightly weathered. I was wondering what I should seal it in. I am an experienced modeler but wasn't sure what I should do with this toy because it transforms and is made of different materials. I was thinking of using what I normally use for my models..Testors MM clear Flat laqure. Also, do I need to disassemble the toy before I do this, to ensure the parts don't stick or is it fine to just spray down the toy...after masking the clear parts obviously? Thanks for any input.

Chris

I have a VF-0S by Yamato that I panel lined with a lead pencil and it is also lightly weathered. I was wondering what I should seal it in. I am an experienced modeler but wasn't sure what I should do with this toy because it transforms and is made of different materials. I was thinking of using what I normally use for my models..Testors MM clear Flat laqure. Also, do I need to disassemble the toy before I do this, to ensure the parts don't stick or is it fine to just spray down the toy...after masking the clear parts obviously? Thanks for any input.

Chris

418289[/snapback]

Sorry to tell you, but a complete disassembly is required in order to clear coat/seal all the panel lined surfaces. Without doing so there would be parts you might miss.

Enjoy!

Don't forget to post pics when your done.