What To Use On Decals

deadghost

Airbrush Future-Finish acrylic floor finish. Once you airbrush it, make sure you give each piece/pieces at least 2 hours to dry before you handle it much. Ideally, give them like a day or two. Hope this helps!

--Brian

Future gives a good gloss finish but what do you use of semi-gloss and flat?

Airbrush Future-Finish acrylic floor finish. Once you airbrush it, make sure you give each piece/pieces at least 2 hours to dry before you handle it much. Ideally, give them like a day or two. Hope this helps!

--Brian

412153[/snapback]

I haven't gotten around to putting a non-gloss finish ontop of the future on my mg customs yet. I reckon when I do, I'll just head to home depot and ask for a non-gloss finish that won't make my valk have that fine sandpaper feel to it. I'm willing to bet that Citadel makes a great non or semi gloss finish spray.

I've read of people adding water based dullcote to Future as well. It is suggested you mix bit by bit to get the mattness you want.

Testor's dullcote is alright if you airbrush it, but the spray can stuff is very lumpy and doesn't settle very well while curing. - MT

On all of my models I spray a gloss coat before putting on the decals. You want a REALLY smooth surface to apply decals so that they don't silver on you when they dry. I use a mild setting solution when applying the decals to help snug them into crevaces such as panel lines. Once the decal has had plenty of time to dry, I spray MM dullcoat in two light coats. You don't want to leave your decals unprotected, they can come off if handled.