Custom Decals/stickers For Macross Plus Mecha?

Chet

After a recent unfortunate experience with a brand new VF-0S, I launched into a frenzy, ripping open every last MISB Yamato Macross toy that I own. So far, the rest seem ok, quality-wise, but I haven't had the chance to transform my VF-11B with FAST Pack and my YF-21 with FAST Pack. However, I did notice that my YF-21 FP didn't come with a sticker sheet! :angry: And I had bought that months ago... :(

To be honest, I probably would never have used it but, like I'm sure most of you can identify with, I like having the sheet around as insurance in case I'm forced to sell the toy. Besides, I always figured I would use an after market custom decal or sticker sheet. Then I wondered: does anyone even make custom decal or sticker sheets for the Macross Plus Valkyries? :blink:

Anasazi, Takatoys or anyone else who may care: do any of you offer these? :)

The only Macross Plus set I have on hand right now is the Hasegawa option decal sheet, which I have sized to fit a wide range of valk scales. I've thought about making repros of the Macross Plus Yamato sticker sheets, but I would need good scans of the originals to work from (I don't have any of the valks).

After a recent unfortunate experience with a brand new VF-0S, I launched into a frenzy, ripping open every last MISB Yamato Macross toy that I own.  So far, the rest seem ok, quality-wise, but I haven't had the chance to transform my VF-11B with FAST  Pack and my YF-21 with FAST Pack. However, I did notice that my YF-21 FP didn't come with a sticker sheet!  :angry: And I had bought that months ago... :(

To be honest, I probably would never have used it but, like I'm sure most of you can identify with, I like having the sheet around as insurance in case I'm forced to sell the toy.  Besides, I always figured I would use an after market custom decal or sticker sheet.  Then I wondered: does anyone even make custom decal or sticker sheets for the Macross Plus Valkyries?  :blink:

Anasazi, Takatoys or anyone else who may care: do any of you offer these?  :)

408871[/snapback]

Well, the original sheet is currently scaled for 1/72 Hasegawa models. Assuming that Yamato did their homework when it came to scaling their toys, the fit should be pretty good. The sheet consists mainly of specialty markings, though, so it's not a good replacement for the stickers that come with the toy. Here's a picture of the sheet:

Macross_Plus.jpg

So some of the decals on your Hasegawa Macross Plus sheet will be scaled for the 1/72 toys?

408997[/snapback]