Macross Zero Dvd Art Creation!

Hikuro

Basically, working on a little project for kicks, to be specific, I'm fandubbing the 5 episodes of Macross Zero......almost done with the first Episode's basic mixing then I got vocals. Trying my best to make it really good.

And I'm goign to put it on a limited DVD run, basically to those who helped in the project, not for sale.

So I'm wondering if people wanna submit some Macross Zero themed work on these DVD's...and here's what I"m specifically looking for.

1) DVD covers, can either be the original DVD covers that will print nicely on matted or gloss paper to put on a DVD box, or can be fan created. They must have 5 different styles for the 5 volume set...

Note that these pictures have to have one for the front, and one for the back and must be able to fit a basic summery of each Episode with screen caps if they wish on the back end. (summery does not need to be written, just abled to fit nicely)

2) Menu Wallpaper. Can be screen caps that are high resolution of the VF-0's, characters, etc. They must also be of 5 different variations for the 5 volume set.

People are more then welcomed to submit what they want and I'll choose the 5 different version and give them credit where credit is due and if they wish they can even have a copy of each volume for no charge.

Basically, working on a little project for kicks, to be specific, I'm fandubbing the 5 episodes of Macross Zero......almost done with the first Episode's basic mixing then I got vocals.  Trying my best to make it really good.

And I'm goign to put it on a limited DVD run, basically to those who helped in the project, not for sale.

So I'm wondering if people wanna submit some Macross Zero themed work on these DVD's...and here's what I"m specifically looking for.

1) DVD covers, can either be the original DVD covers that will print nicely on matted or gloss paper to put on a DVD box, or can be fan created.  They must have 5 different styles for the 5 volume set...

Note that these pictures have to have one for the front, and one for the back and must be able to fit a basic summery of each Episode with screen caps if they wish on the back end. (summery does not need to be written, just abled to fit nicely)

2) Menu Wallpaper.  Can be screen caps that are high resolution of the VF-0's, characters, etc.  They must also be of 5 different variations for the 5 volume set.

People are more then welcomed to submit what they want and I'll choose the 5 different version and give them credit where credit is due and if they wish they can even have a copy of each volume for no charge.

400456[/snapback]

Wow, good luck with this. It would be realy somthing cool if you did an awsome job on this.

Wish I had time to contribute somthing.

Well I'm a bit bumed out that I haven't seen anyone contributing. I mean hell even just scanned in Covers of the original volumes would be SO great to have. I'd use my own but it's got the "Perfect Collection" label on it.....

Well I'm a bit bumed out that I haven't seen anyone contributing.  I mean hell even just scanned in Covers of the original volumes would be SO great to have. I'd use my own but it's got the "Perfect Collection" label on it.....

402317[/snapback]

i am doing something but i don't know when i am going to finish it. How long are u going to wait??

Edited by akt_m

I can wait ^_^ I was just a bit worried cause no ones really said anything. If you wanna gimme a PM and lemme know exactly what you're going to do that'd be great.

I've been recieving lines from the actors left and right for the last week now so the episode is reaching completion soon.

• 4 weeks later...

The cover came out great....I wish I could show everyone what I've got finished for this, but not just yet...I'm having a few issues with the DVD tests...and I've done like 15 of 'em....some reason it pixelates and then starts to fritz out and stop playing or doing lots of skipping....I think I got some bogus discs or something.

The cover came out great....I wish I could show everyone what I've got finished for this, but not just yet...I'm having a few issues with the DVD tests...and I've done like 15 of 'em....some reason it pixelates and then starts to fritz out and stop playing or doing lots of skipping....I think I got some bogus discs or something.

409614[/snapback]

Make sure you have NOTHING running in the background when you encode the DVD or it will do strange crap like that.

Basically start the encode process (best if done offline if you have broadband) and leave it alone until it's done. I've found even the smallest of programs you run can affect the final encoded video.

Cool! I didn't know that Americans didn't bootlegs on the 'Net.  :)

So how is this any different then selling chinese bootlegs?  <_<

409774[/snapback]

well, you know... the whole NOT FOR SALE part... would make it kind of different. just a little bit... you know.. since this project was apparantly done by fans, for themselves, because they're FANS... and not for their own profit.

But other than that, I can see why you would confuse the two.

Right, if I end up distributing this I make ZERO profit off it, infact I'm more taking a hit off it with the shipping then I would for the materials since I buy this stuff at work where I get a discount at...not much, pennys, but it's still something. And I even take that discount into account on the pricing.

The most I think some people would pay would be like 5 bucks with shipping and DVD.

I'm wondering also if Screen Saver running would have any affect on the encoding process either......or maybe drive speed? The DVD's are meant for 16X, and I've even gone ahead and lowered the speed for better quality....meh I'll try it again tonight without even a screen saver running.

The DVD menu for the movie is also very cool, I took a small amount of the scene between Roy and a SV-51 going all the way to him shooting down the missiles, course it's edited down to about 24 seconds, from a minute and a half clip.

So the menu has become completely animated.

I'm also wondering why chapters don't seem to pop up when selected on the menu screen......it might be the same issue, stuff going on in the background. Well just more experimentation before I finish the movie yep yep! I'm about 98% complete.

What Apps are you using to compress the video & audio? What are you using to author the final disc? The problems you’re reporting could be introduced in a couple different places. The pixilation & skipping could be happening because the bitrate is too high. Bad disc, other apps running in the background, drive speed & processor can all be suspect, but I would start with the bitrate. If you are starting with video & audio ripped straight from the DVD, then look at the bitrate of the current Japanese audio track and use that as your target rate without going over. If you are converting avi’s to DVD compliant mpeg’s then try setting the video bitrate at 6.2mbps with ac3/aiff/wav audio set at 48.0kHz 192kbps. That should keep your DVDs playable on most set top players. I converted my avi copies to DVD a while back, If you would like I can dig them up for you. Do you still need any artwork, or anything else for that matter?

Hope some of this helps.