Finally Got A 1/48 Valkyrie!!

Vermillion21

I can understance how you feel, Vermillion 21.....i also just got my 1/48 this april...when i realise the quality of this toy, i can't stop myself to buy the full ammor and super stealth 1j at the following week...It worth it...!!!

After looking at that pic of the armoured battloid - it does indeed look amazing!!

But it costs almost the same as a valkyrie itself!!

<_<

I just started building my 1/48 collection ... getting the GDB armour may have to wait ...

:(

I am getting paid on Friday and I think this week I will go ahead and buy my first 1/48th as well. SO far all I have baught is the 1/60th and 1/72nd.

I am going to get the 1/48th Super Miria. But I have a few questions if you wouldnt mind asnwering them. I hear that the Max 1/48th is supose to be one of the "perfect" ones that has all the kinks and things worked out of it. Did the Miria come out around the same time as the Max and therefor also is "perfect"? And one last question...Does it come with any strike parts or is it just the Super Variant..thanks for any info you guys can give me!

So I did some math and determined the old Matchbox battlepods are roughly 1/60 in scale (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). So, I decided to practice using my new manually adjustable digital camera on a Battlepod fighting a 1/60 Yammy. Sounds like innocent fun right? It only took about 2 minutes for my 1/60 to spit up screw cover from its arm. Granted, the pic looks rough but I absolutely baby these things.

battlepod14highlight0xc.jpg

One thought that does come to mind: I guess the 1/60 yamato valks would go well scale-wise with my "classic" exo-squad 7 inch destroids I have around. Although, the destroids are all still sealed in their packages! I was lucky enough to complete a full set (all 8 of 'em) via eBay the last 4 years.

:lol::lol:

One thought that does come to mind: I guess the 1/60 yamato valks would go well scale-wise with my "classic" exo-squad 7 inch destroids I have around.  Although, the destroids are all still sealed in their packages!  I was lucky enough to complete a full set (all 8 of 'em) via eBay the last 4 years.

:lol:  :lol:

401890[/snapback]

You must free them from their boxed prison. I was a huge Exo Squad fan and had almsot every e-frame minus 2 or 3. I almost had all of the Robotech stuff they had, pretty cool though my Officer Pod's leg broke off. :unsure:

While I love my 1/48th valks (esp. the DYRL Max) I tend to pose them for display and then leave them alone.

The 1/60th pieces tend to be "played with" a bit more in that they are the ones I tend to re-pose into different groupings every few weeks.

The simple fact of the matter is that the 1/48ths are so expensive that I would hate myself if something were to break on one of them because I was messing around with it too much.

As to re-issuing the DYRL Max, it was the one valk "I just had to own" and I think that I was very lucky getting it last summer for "only" $130.

I honestly believe though that Yamato will probably re-issue it at some point (Hopefully in a new package with custom "Max" fast packs similar to the TV version)

;)

Edited by Luclin999

While I love my 1/48th valks (esp. the DYRL Max) I tend to pose them for display and then leave them alone.

The 1/60th pieces tend to be "played with" a bit more in that they are the ones I tend to re-pose into different groupings every few weeks.

The simple fact of the matter is that the 1/48ths are so expensive that I would hate myself if something were to break on one of them because I was messing around with it too much.

As to re-issuing the DYRL Max, it was the one valk "I just had to own" and I think that I was very lucky getting it last summer for "only" $130.

I honestly believe though that Yamato will probably re-issue it at some point (Hopefully in a new package with custom "Max" fast packs similar to the TV version)

;)

402302[/snapback]

Luclin999 - I hear ya. I treat my 1/48 as gently as possible when playing/transforming them, fearing that I might break something!!!

And I know, I gotta get me a DYRL Max ... it was my favourite - not sure why, but it is!!

:)