Amusing Macross 7 Details

Skv0ra

I don't know why exactly, but there are ALOT of references to Mac plus in this series. One peripheral character was exactly like Guld and many songs are played in the background in casual and office scenes. I've heard a few Idol Talks and Info High so far.

I don't know why exactly, but there are ALOT of references to Mac plus in this series. One peripheral character was exactly like Guld and many songs are played in the background in casual and office scenes. I've heard a few Idol Talks and Info High so far.

392143[/snapback]

I cna answer hte why.

It's marketing, basically.

MacPlus came out about halfway through Mac7's run. Planting M+ songs in 7 and featuring their mecha(production models and customized variants, anyways) was free advertising.

Extending that theme of cross-promotion, the Macross 7 short movie was attached to the MacPlus movie in theaters, so Mac7 fans would buy MacPlus tickets just for "The Galaxy is Calling Me."

It also helps create the appearance of a cohesive universe, so there was some artistic merit to the move.

There's also some Minmay in there for that reason, as well as production of a movie based on Space War 1(rather loosely based, given Basara and Mylene were playing Hikaru and Minmay, and they replaced Hikaru's VF-1 with Basara's VF-19).

Edited by JB0