Please Recommend A Valkyrie

Atreyu

Bottom line, I love em.

My wife however is pissed off.

376341[/snapback]

Mines is too. She is still wondering when will it end.

Looks like I will still be sleeping in the dog house if Yamato keeps this up. :lol:

376349[/snapback]

Haha... i'd probably have the same problem if my live-in girlfriend knew how much i spent on these things and other toys. As far as she knows it's just a small hobby of mine. :ph34r: Boy she'd go berzerk if she knew how much some of this stuff went for.

As for the valks, since i haven't gotten my hands on the 1/60 VF-0S, i def have to side with the 1/48's on this one. You could probably pick up you fav. one (as long as it's not the low viz that is) <_< , for a pretty reasonable price that's close to if not what it normally retails for.

Edited by Veritas

Bottom line, I love em.

My wife however is pissed off.

376341[/snapback]

Mines is too. She is still wondering when will it end.

Looks like I will still be sleeping in the dog house if Yamato keeps this up. :lol:

376349[/snapback]

Haha... i'd probably have the same problem if my live-in girlfriend knew how much i spent on these things and other toys. As far as she knows it's just a small hobby of mine. :ph34r: Boy she'd go berzerk if she knew how much some of this stuff went for.

377939[/snapback]

Tell me about it dude!

I go out of my way to prevent her from finding out that a new one just came in the mail.

I usually "hope" that when the mailman comes she isn't home, or in the bathroom, or taking a nap.

If not, then i accept the box outside. I then lock it up in the trunk of my car to bring in late at night when my wife is asleep.

Eventually she see's the new Valk displayed and asks me about it.

I usually respond with, "What that old thing!?!? I had that for a long time that thought i would FINALLY bring it out for some air"

Doing all that, I can then avoid the argument about spending too much money on toys.

Edited by fansubs2000

Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'll be picking up the VF-1S 1/48 "roy" valkyrie with strike parts. That expensive low vis thing looks neat, and I like collecting rare figures. But since he wasn't in the anime, I think it's a poor choice if I am to get just one figure. I'm not worried about sunlight either, the windows in my toy rooms are covered in black fabric.

I'll try to lower the urge to get more by purchasing other high-grade robots like Aquarion, Dancouga, Cm's God-Rijin-oh and Genesic GaoGaiGar at roughly the same time and stuffing them on the same shelf. It's easier to control drooling over 3-4 lines than just one :-P

Thanks for the help guys, I guess I'll be picking up the VF-1S 1/48 "roy" valkyrie with strike parts. That expensive low vis thing looks neat, and I like collecting rare figures. But since he wasn't in the anime, I think it's a poor choice if I am to get just one figure. I'm not worried about sunlight either, the windows in my toy rooms are covered in black fabric.

I'll try to lower the urge to get more by purchasing other high-grade robots like Aquarion, Dancouga, Cm's God-Rijin-oh and Genesic GaoGaiGar at roughly the same time and stuffing them on the same shelf. It's easier to control drooling over 3-4 lines than just one :-P

377989[/snapback]

Haha that's great to hear. You won't be disappointed. Just be sure to join your local MCA (Macross Collector's Anyonomus) in the mean time so that when your addiction goes full blown you'll have some where to turn. :ph34r:

If money is not an issue, buy three of your favorite kind with their respective armors (FP/Strtike, GBP) This way, you can display each one of them in a different mode. This things are works of art.

At first I wanted one of each, and now I get multiples of my favorites.

I don't know where to stop. Last time I counted I had 17 1/48, 12 fp/strike armors, and 6 GBP armors. On the way are 2 Low Vis II, 2 super Stealth, and 2 1/60 VF-0S(which is larger in size than the VF-1 1/48).

Hope this helped.

VA=Valkoholics Anonimous