What Places Should My Bro Check Out In Japan?

danth

Hey guys, my bro-in-law is in Japan for a while. He's staying in Senju which is about 15 minutes from Tokyo by subway. He spends too much time in his hotel, so I'm trying to get him to go out and see some cool places, but of course I don't know any. Do you guys have any recommendations? Basically, there are two categories of places I'm asking about.

1) Places any person in Japan should visit.

2) Places/stores an anime lover should visit.

I'm not totally selfless -- I'm hoping he can find me some good artbooks or toys or something. I'm going to send him a direct link to this thread. Any advice is much appreciated!

Later!

MODS: I posted this before and it mysteriously disappeared with no explaination. If this post is not allowed here, can you please let me know and hopefully move it to the correct forum?

Hey guys, my bro-in-law is in Japan for a while. He's staying in Senju which is about 15 minutes from Tokyo by subway. He spends too much time in his hotel, so I'm trying to get him to go out and see some cool places, but of course I don't know any. Do you guys have any recommendations? Basically, there are two categories of places I'm asking about.

1) Places any person in Japan should visit.

2) Places/stores an anime lover should visit.

I'm not totally selfless -- I'm hoping he can find me some good artbooks or toys or something. I'm going to send him a direct link to this thread. Any advice is much appreciated!

Later!

MODS: I posted this before and it mysteriously disappeared with no explaination. If this post is not allowed here, can you please let me know and hopefully move it to the correct forum?

362861[/snapback]

go to mandarake in nakano

easily get there by taken the main jr line that goes through the central tokyo districts and then taking another line from that...only takes 2-3 stopes off teh central line....its up near ikebukuro

mandarake is found in Nakano Broadway about 100 feet from teh station but it might be confusing teh first time as it is on store but seperated into about 8 seperate themed stores all with teh four story "mall"

Also it doesnt open until 11 am so dont go too early

Nakano broadway has a TON of great places to eat at...i wish i could remember teh name of the small ramen shop thats close to teh mcdonalds there...best ramen i ever had

Hey moron if it dispappeared why bring it back? Guess what we don't have time to leave an explaination for every closed, deleted or move topic. You want a reason it was off topic and found by me when I was during some extra policing. No there isn't a correct forum. There are several forums out there for Westerns in Japan. It was off topic and deleted. Off topics can get deleted or closed any time. No explaination is really needed for an off topic getting the axe.