Vf-17 Fighter Kit

big F

Just wanted to know Does anyone know if there was ever a 1/72 scale kit made of the VF-17 in fighter mode. I know that there was a Battroid kit made by Wave ( I have one)

What Im looking to do is the same as I have done for my Vf-1 kits - 1 in fighter, 1 in Battroid and 1 in Gerwalk . If I can do this it would balance up my display. Then I can move onto the next Valk on my hit list.

If this has been covered else where please point me there.

Edited by big F

Nope, the only Fighter mode kits of the VF-17 were the 1/144 ones by Bandai (plastic) and Yellow Submarine (resin). The Yellow Submarine fighter mode kit is excellent for it's size and comes with FAST packs and a launching arm for display. I've got one for sale in this thread.

If you want to have a VF-17 Battroid, Gerwalk and Fighter all in the same scale, your only option is to go with 1/144 scale. For Battroid mode, you will have to go with the Bandai plastic model. It's not a bad little kit and can be improved by adding some TECT detail-up parts (TECT upgrade kit No.7). For Gerwalk mode, your only choice is the Bandai Plastic fighter, combined with the TECT Gerwalk Conversion kit (TECT kit No. 5). For Fighter mode, you can use either the Bandai or Yellow Submarine 1/144 kits. The Yellow Submarine kit has by far the better sculpt and more detail.

VF-17 kits that I know of are: -

1/72 Scale:

1) Wave soft-vinyl (PVC) Battroid Kit. there are two versions of this, the first with a Yellow Box has metal parts for the hands and other small parts. The second later release has a white box (but same box art), but the metal parts are replaced by plastic parts.

1/100 Scale:

1) Wave resin VF-17S/D Battroid with FAST Packs.

2) I'm pretty sure there was also a Wave 1/100 scale resin VF-17TKai Battroid (can't recall if this came with a sound booster or not), but unfortunately, it's not shown on the main Macrossworld site.

1/144 Scale:

1) Bandai Plastic Fighter and Battroid 2-in-1 kit.

2) Yellow Submarine resin Fighter mode kit with FAST Packs and Stand.

3) TECT resin conversion kit No. 5 - Gerwalk Conversion.

4) TECT resin conversion kit No. 7 - Detail-Up parts, Fighter mode Radome & display stand

5) TECT resin conversion kit No. 16 - VF-17T Kai Battroid Conversion Kit.

6) TECT resin conversion kit No. 17 - Sound Booster for use with 1/144 VF-17T kai.

Unknown Scale:

1) IHP also did an extremely small run of a perfect variable VF-17D resin kit several years ago (late '90s IIRC). I don't remember what scale this was, but I think it was either 1/144 or 1/100. I think it was an event exclusive item (Wonder Fest?) and thus extremely rare.

This thread has some pics of my completed 1/144 Yellow Submarine and 1/100 Wave VF-17 kits.

I would love to have a 1/72 scale V-17D/S fighter kit. Hopefully, someday Hasegawa will oblige.

Graham

1) Wave soft-vinyl (PVC) Battroid Kit. there are two versions of this, the first with a Yellow Box has metal parts for the hands and other small parts. The second later release has a white box (but same box art), but  the metal parts are replaced by plastic parts.

353771[/snapback]

O.k Well thats a weird one I have the yellow box version bought from Mandrake Shibuya by me this year still sealed but had the plastic parts in it. OOOHH !! do I have something rare or did some Japanese person swap the bits over and re seal it without busting the seal ??

Well as I want one preferably in the same scale as the rest of my valks ( for continuity sake) looks like I may be looking a scratch built/casting my own one. Well it Chrismas and there is nothing else to do while Im on holiday.