Yamato's Macross Plus license

Aegis!

Hi guys , long time since I last made a topic myself :lol:

The other day I was watching M+ all over again (Movie and OVAs ) and was thinking : wait a momment , why is there only VF-11s, YF-19 and YF-21 toys if there're so many other mechas here ???

It makes no sense since Yamato has the license for Macross Plus , furthermore they could even make VF-5000s and Neo-Glugs based on the Macross Plus :GE game , I also noticed that in the movie there's a VA(VF)-14 stationed in Edwards (during the tests in an scene when Isamu throws his helmet to the young YF-19 designer -yeah I forgot the name- ) , they could even make the X-9 Ghost with opening missile bays and all :angry: ; And what about the Renegade armours ?

Seriously , If they're finished with the SuperNova YFs why don't they invest their time with other popular (and not so popular yet incredebly kickass) mechas which are featured in M+ ?

Yamato has at least two lines which are trully under-exploited and incomplete , I mean , how the heck is there only ONE fricking toy for VF-X2 (i.e. VF-19A ) ; from a business point of view it makes no sense to pay for a whole license and then only produce just a handful of toys

I understand that they are now busy with the VF-1 line (1/48 & 1/60) hence they have no time to do it now , but why did they start making VF-1 toys before they even finished to fully exploit their other licenses in the first place?

Maybe they eventually will exploit these licenses since they've said they'll focus solely in 1/72 scale for future toys (just like the current M+ toys) but with the new M0 OVAs I doubt they'll want to concentrate in something else (make the most profit of what is hot now).

What do you guys think ? Will the wait be worth it with the current advances in production and design that Yamato has shown with the 1/48 line ? or would you rather have VF-X2/M+ & M0 toy being released in paralel duriong the upcoming years ?

Yamato has at least two lines which are trully under-exploited and incomplete , I mean , how the heck is there only ONE fricking toy for VF-X2 (i.e. VF-19A ) ; from a business point of view it makes no sense to pay for a whole license and then only produce just a handful of toys

Well I woudln't call a repaint of the YF-19 (with some improvements yeah but still basically just a repaint) the beginnings of a line. I do think it might have a probe on a VF-X market (as well as further improvements of the YF-19 sculpt). But look how long the FP YF-21 was in the making (it's mentioned in Graham's '99 - IIRC - review of the VF-X 2 VF-19A).

Still, I do absolutely lust over a Yamato VF-17D and VF-22S. All the latter requires is a paint job as it looks like the parts are already molded! The bitch has GOT TO be licensing issues and maybe fear of big bad Bandai getting offended. Unless for some mysterious reason Big West just don't want to do it. Though it wouldn't surprise if it's on the (far far future) horizon after the VF-1 and VF-0 lines are done (if that's ever gonna happen). ;)

Well I woudln't call a repaint of the YF-19 (with some improvements yeah but still basically just a repaint) the beginnings of a line.

I was reffering to thew license , If Yamato made a VF-19A and the box in which it came said VF-X2 then that means they have the VF-X2 toy license (apart from the Macross Plus license).the toy might be just a repaint but if they have the license for VF-X2 they could make a lot more toys with it.

The case scenario is the following:

-They have both licenses.

- They've only released 4 different toys from those licenses while there's clearly a lot of other VFs that could be released (i.e for the VF-X2 license they've only released one toy while they could easily release other toys such as the Konig or the VF-5000B -which is also featured in M+:GE - but they haven't ).

- They're now re-releasing the M+ toys in 1/72 , and the YF-19 is being totally re-sculpted.

- The VF-1 lines are coming to an end.

- This is the time for them to release M0 toys

Now with this is mind , if they have 2 different imcomplete lines (VF-X2 & M+) , wouldn't it be better to finish them first and then focus on something else ?

Obviously it would be too much of a risk if they miss the opportunity to produce M0 toys now , so they cannot possibly start releasing new M+ toys instead of M0 toys ; BUT , what if they released M0 toys and M+ toys in paralel like the 1/60 & 1/48 lines (but in the same 1/72 scale) ?

Maybe they are more focused on older macross valks, destroids, etc.

<_<

I got ya. They either had a limited and/or specific permission on the VF-X 2 "license" (JUST for the VF-19A... and/or Bandai voiced concerns over it) . OR Yamato just hasn't been bothered with sculpting and tooling for a VF-17D. I can't think of any reason why Yamato can't do a VF-X 2 VF-22S unless it is precisely licensing (aka Bandai) difficulties other than that they just don't want to.

The bigger concern NOW is that VF-X 2 is getting to be a pretty old game (as games go) and there isn't going to be as much interest as for an OVA or new game, for example.

Edited by Uxi