1/48 Scale Roy-to-max Vf-1s

Wicked Ace

Actually, the Sail Blue I used it right between the 1/60 blue and the fastpack sticker blue in darkness and hue. I think it's the picture flash that makes it appear more bright. It's definitely darker than the Tamiya French Blue (checked hobby store). Either works i think, it dpends on which screenshot you're trying to match  :) .

363049[/snapback]

I think going lighter than the Yamato Max blue is best as being accurate to any of the DYRL screen shots. From your description of Sail Blue, that camera flash must really lighten up things. Looks pretty good at any rate.

363203[/snapback]

Here's the 1/60 blue, Takatoy fastpack sticker blue, and Rustoleum Sail Blue for comparison, in equal lighting (that reminds me, I need to paint the tail lights red):

blues.jpg

French Blue???  - GAH!! Now Max will surrender evertime he sees an enemy pod!  :lol:

It's okay. He's awesome enough to punch through and become the Napolean conquerer type of french. :p

348329[/snapback]

It isn't actually revealed by Kawamori, but I suspect Max is probably French, in keeping with the international character theme of Macross.

The French have very good relations with Japan as opposed to the US. There are many shows that have featured French characters...

Here's the 1/60 blue, Takatoy fastpack sticker blue, and Rustoleum Sail Blue for comparison, in equal lighting (that reminds me, I need to paint the tail lights red):

Paint the tail lights red? Why? Are NAV BCNs on the tail of the VF-1?

Hmmm. Never thought of that...

Paint the tail lights red? Why? Are NAV BCNs on the tail of the VF-1?

Hmmm. Never thought of that...

364689[/snapback]

Well, there are on the yamatos, and the chunkies have them outlined on the tail tips also. Pretty sure they should be red, but I'm no pilot...

post-3171-1138344651_thumb.jpg

French Blue???  - GAH!! Now Max will surrender evertime he sees an enemy pod!  :lol:

It's okay. He's awesome enough to punch through and become the Napolean conquerer type of french. :p

348329[/snapback]

It isn't actually revealed by Kawamori, but I suspect Max is probably French, in keeping with the international character theme of Macross.

The French have very good relations with Japan as opposed to the US. There are many shows that have featured French characters...

364516[/snapback]

I remember somewhere that he was Austrian. But cant remember where.

Bear in mind as most of us were brought up on Rowboatheck any nationality would be better than the somewhere in the middle accent he had on that show.