VF-2ss Canopy

grimmace

Hello,

I have a 1/72 VF-2ss macross II valk and I need a clear canopy. The one that came with the kit is a little frosted. Does anyone out there have a canopy? I cant wait to post my first kit on here but cant until I get a better part.

Thanks,

grimmace

Hello,

I have a 1/72 VF-2ss macross II valk and I need a clear canopy.  The one that came with the kit is a little frosted.  Does anyone out there have a canopy?  I cant wait to post my first kit on here but cant until I get a better part.

Thanks,

grimmace

344465[/snapback]

Have you tried the old "dip it in Future acylic" trick? You can also get buffing sticks to smooth it out if it's a surface issue.

If you REALLY can't buff it out and if your canopy is TOTALLY wasted, put some Vaseline into it (THIN and SMOOOOTH) then pour some resin into it. When the resin cures, take the molded piece out and vacu-form some clear plastic over the resin "copy." Or you can simply heat up some clear plastic and "pull" it over the resin copy on a stick. Make sure the resin block is cooled before any tries you make. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I have not tried this future trick. I'll give it a go and see what happens. The canopy that I have was created using clear resin I think. So it has a frosted look. I can probably use thermal plastic sheet and mold a new one from it, but I'd thought I'd just ask and see if anyone had one first.