Custom CM's Figure Stands

Mechamaniac

I hate the stock CM's stands with a bloody passion. Therefore, I improved upon them... :D

I ordered some action figure stands, and then when I got them, I was struck with another idea. I have personalized them per character.

These stands will support EVERY CM's figure to date, except for Ishtar of course since she's really lying down more than anything.

It should be pointed out that I have modified my CM's figures in order for them to work. I had to drill a small hole in the foot of each figure. Don't worry though, it is an easy mod on all but Misa and DYRL Minmay (Series 1) since their feet are so small.

Also, if you want some of these figs to stand on their own, you will have to add extra support to the legs. Namely, the Flower Girl, Misa, and DYRL Minmay (Series 3). I added extra support by taking long push pins I stole from work, and driving them very carefully up through the bottom of the figures foot so that they extend into the calf. This is necessary since the PVC is so soft on these things that they will usually bend under their own weight.

Anyway, on to the pics...

post-78-1131846354_thumb.jpg

post-78-1131846541_thumb.jpg

post-78-1131846572_thumb.jpg

post-78-1131846601_thumb.jpg

post-78-1131846622_thumb.jpg

Holy cow! I was just looking at those stands at F&S today thinking the same exact thing. Solscud had asked me at Carls Jr if I can make the decals with my vynil cutter, then I thought the clear stands would one up his idea... bastid! you one upped both of us... :lol:

Holy cow! I was just looking at those stands at F&S today thinking the same exact thing. Solscud had asked me at Carls Jr if I can make the decals with my vynil cutter, then I thought the clear stands would one up his idea... bastid! you one upped both of us... laugh.gif

344392[/snapback]

LOL, great minds think alike. The best part is that the pieces under the clear stands are just images I printed on the color laser at work, and trimmed with an xacto.

For the skull squad guys, I scanned Takatoys sticker sheet. ;). All the other DYRL figs got the Macross Summer '84 logo that we got from Garoquel.

You can't really see it, but Isamu got the Mac Plus logo that I scanned from one of TheLoneWolf's cd jackets.

I still need to come up with one for the Flower Ho, and a standard Kite logo version for generic Macross use.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Nice stands indeed! Funny thing is I always see people taking pictures with max's hands positioned the way it came out of the package, which is with his palms up! They do move ya know! Either that or you just like him with us palms up. ;):D:p:lol:

Nice stands indeed! Funny thing is I always see people taking pictures with max's hands positioned the way it came out of the package, which is with his palms up! They do move ya know! Either that or you just like him with us palms up.  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

344495[/snapback]

Actually, I didn't know his arms moved until you said something. The problem has been corrected. Max no longer looks like he's fondling a bull's nutsack. :lol:

Nice stands indeed! Funny thing is I always see people taking pictures with max's hands positioned the way it came out of the package, which is with his palms up! They do move ya know! Either that or you just like him with us palms up.  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

344495[/snapback]

Actually, I didn't know his arms moved until you said something. The problem has been corrected. Max no longer looks like he's fondling a bull's nutsack. :lol:

344663[/snapback]

hahaha...

:D:p:lol: