New Macross 7 HKs?

The White Comet

It's a direct rip of the 8 disc (2 4 disc sets) FX release. Same subtitles, episode counts raised a bit per disc, and similar video quality. Only major downside is that it doesn't have Dynamite or the movie (which you can get on a seperate disc), and the version I saw at least had a picture slip cover, with a generic HK gatefold case (no art, just the HK company logo). The disc's have art, and all the extra's from the FX release are present.

I want to find the best Macross 7 dvds to buy and i saw on ebay this set of six dvds. Just wondering if anyone knows about it and how good are the subtitles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-7-DVD-Anime-TV...1QQcmdZViewItem

342064[/snapback]

So is it fair to say the video quality is not as good as the FX sets"

I would suspect so, considering you are compressing 8 DVDs on to 6...

I want to find the best Macross 7 dvds to buy and i saw on ebay this set of six dvds. Just wondering if anyone knows about it and how good are the subtitles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-7-DVD-Anime-TV...1QQcmdZViewItem

342064[/snapback]

So is it fair to say the video quality is not as good as the FX sets"

I would suspect so, considering you are compressing 8 DVDs on to 6...

342522[/snapback]

Have you seen M7?

I started watching Macross 7 fansubs about 8 years ago. I got so addicted to the show i bought the whole set. now that its on dvd i cant wait to watch it again.

342552[/snapback]

:o

Boy George!??? is that you!??

Well I have that very same set. The discs are all printed properly the box/and intenal gatefold thing is printed properly and wax laminated, the subtitles are ok, some times they do get a bit lost in translation. Mostly when it happens you know what they are saying anyhow. Watch enough subtileed manga and you cant help pick up some Japanese. The video quality is far from rubbish some of these compressed onto less disks things are really dire but this is o.k.

Incidently this is the same version I have seen for sale in Tokyo at various DVD sales places.

Edited by big F

I started watching Macross 7 fansubs about 8 years ago. I got so addicted to the show i bought the whole set. now that its on dvd i cant wait to watch it again.

342552[/snapback]

342556[/snapback]

I would be offended but I cant take anyone seriously that has bigger breasts than Mylenes valkyrie.

342552[/snapback]

342556[/snapback]

I would be offended but I cant take anyone seriously that has bigger breasts than Mylenes valkyrie.

342560[/snapback]

AAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! You rock.