Playstation games on the PC

promethuem5

lol JB0 don't try to start the megagames frav game the "ati vs nvidia wars". everyone reverts to 2 year olds with that game  :p .

Aw, c'mon. Look at my logic.

I wasn't exactly trying for rational. :p

But 3D graphics ARE badass.

I need to build an adapter for these LCD glasses I've got kicking around.

I've used ePSXe before but I'm curious, what is this "eternal spu plugin" and what are its benefits?

It's just one of the sound hardware plugins. Coded by a guy that calls himself Eternal.

If I recall, the benefits were mainly that it provided the most accurate emulation.

Aside from dodging a few bugs, that also = better sounding games.

And THAT is why I hate modern system emulation.

I'd rather have an emulator that focuses on accuracy and runs most games under a single config than one that requires you to juggle plugins, change settings, etc.

337519[/snapback]

Quoted for truth!! I have avoided epsxe lately due to the whole "juggling plug-ins" dilema. It's simply too tedious for it's own good. Unless there's a one for all plug-in that's optimal for the majority of games out there, I'll stick with the likes of ZSNES, GBAdvance, J-Nes, Mame, Kawax, and Gens :)

337553[/snapback]

I'm using VirtuaNES at this point. Last I heard, it was the best.

Sadly, my PS1 isn't easily moddable, or I'd just slap a chip in and burn my games.

Surface-mount components are the devil.

as for epsxe graphics plugins, the 3d plugins work great for the majority of the games, but for 2d games, like the aforementioned castlevania:SOTN then petes software plugin is best.

Or anything that requires > average accuracy.

Quoted for truth!! I have avoided epsxe lately due to the whole "juggling plug-ins" dilema. It's simply too tedious for it's own good. Unless there's a one for all plug-in that's optimal for the majority of games out there,  I'll stick with the likes of ZSNES, GBAdvance, J-Nes, Mame, Kawax, and Gens :)

337553[/snapback]

Which is why I just went with the best PSX emu of all... *hugz PS2 :p *

I do miss save states though <_<

I've got you beat. I run RealPS1 for most of my software.

Sadly, bugs in RealPS1 keep it from running japanese or burned games.

SOTN is relatively easy to find though... *shudders at memory of tracking down Valkyrie Profile*

VP's easy.

If you happened to live near a MalWart that's so incompetent that they still have it on the shelves at original retail 2 years after release.

But in the grand scheme of things, it's not THAT hard to find. 'S just pricey due to demand.

337764[/snapback]

Whoah...what is this RealPS1 you speak of? An advanced PSX emu of some sort? Link?

337807[/snapback]

It's THE most advanced PS1 emulator around. And the only one with 100% compatability.

post-720-1129692917.jpg

337764[/snapback]

Whoah...what is this RealPS1 you speak of? An advanced PSX emu of some sort? Link?

337807[/snapback]

It's THE most advanced PS1 emulator around. And the only one with 100% compatability.

337814[/snapback]

I JUST DOWNLOADED IT AND IT'S fartING AWESOME!!! WORKS BEAUTIFULLY SO FAR THANKS JBO!!!!