Slightly OT - Sound Effects

I would like to ask that no one berate me if they think this is too OT

Just recently I finally got a new cell phone (Motorola V710) and in the process of personalizing it I thought about adding some new sounds effects. I wanted to use the communication chirp from Andromeda.

In the process of sampling the sounds and shifting through several episodes of Andromeda, I found what I was looking for a "system chirp", but after sampling the soundAndromeda___Chirp.wav I found out something, I could not remove the subtle sound of what appears to be engine noise. I then went about the internet to look at other sound clips and found a repeat of the same problem everywhere I went. Almost every Scifi series I looked at for sound effects had engine noise in the the back ground.

So I was wondering if anyone out there had any idea on how to remove the engine noise, perhaps know a better website, or possibly know where to get a better sample.

Sounds like one of two things.

-The samples are from scenes in the show that take place on the ships (i.e. the engine noise)

-They're lower quality and that's just noise due to that.

Crazy...get a song instead damnit!

Actually I do use some game sound effects, I use the MGS codec ring for my general ringtone.

I don't like using a song. I find it to be annoying and in some cases it just seems stupid.

Just imagine your sitting down for a nice meal with your significant other in a quiet EXPENSIVE restaurant. You both order the chicken. Everythings going perfect, you got a new suit for this. She's wearing a dress that she looks stunning in. You quitely converse and then she grabs your hand and leans in to whisper something into your ear but before she even speaks she stops and looks away Someone in the restaurant has just recieved a phone call and all you here is...

WHAT YOU GONNA DO WITH ALL THAT JUNK

ALL THAT JUNK IN SIDE YOUR TRUNK

followed my 15 seconds or up to a minute of Black Eyed Peas because some one just loves that song and they have wait for the good part before they answer. But you aren't mad because it happen 10 minutes earlier and another 15 before that.

Enawhey, before I went into my side rant. I only wanted the sounds for alerts really like Voicemail and the Inbox just a little something to change your phone from everyone elses.

Actually I do use some game sound effects, I use the MGS codec ring for my general ringtone.

WHOO!

I don't like using a song.  I find it to be annoying and in some cases it just seems stupid. 

Just imagine your sitting down for a nice meal with your significant other in a quiet EXPENSIVE restaurant. You both order the chicken. Everythings going perfect, you got a new suit for this.  She's wearing a dress that she looks stunning in.  You quitely converse and then she grabs your hand and leans in to whisper something into your ear but before she even speaks she stops and looks away  Someone in the restaurant has just recieved a phone call and all you here is...

WHAT YOU GONNA DO WITH ALL THAT JUNK

ALL THAT JUNK IN SIDE YOUR TRUNK

followed my 15 seconds or up to a minute of Black Eyed Peas because some one just loves that song and they have wait for the good part before they answer. But you aren't mad because it happen 10 minutes earlier and another 15 before that.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Attention world!

If you DO use a song, TRY to make it a subtle one.

Enawhey, before I went into my side rant.  I only wanted the sounds for alerts really like Voicemail and the Inbox just a little something to change your phone from everyone elses.

You tried tapping old arcade games?

I use Asteroids and Battlezone for my IM sound effects.