How to make resin moulds

big F

Nope - chunky monkeys are a thing of the past - we've got 1/48's now, so why try to make the 1/55's what they aren't?

326292[/snapback]

Just can't help having much love for these stone-cold, brick-form, valkyries. Customizing these is/was one of the best parts about them. Many people on these boards still seek parts to, at least, do their very own 1/55 custom.

Don't hate, :( , give support, :), and extend an olive branch (advice) to all those seeking a bit of mad-chunky-monkey-madness of their own.

*I can still remember, there were some pretty awesome customs back in the days, and even to this day.

NB4M :)

Long live the 1/55!!

Nope - chunky monkeys are a thing of the past - we've got 1/48's now, so why try to make the 1/55's what they aren't?

326292[/snapback]

Just can't help having much love for these stone-cold, brick-form, valkyries. Customizing these is/was one of the best parts about them. Many people on these boards still seek parts to, at least, do their very own 1/55 custom.

Don't hate, :( , give support, :), and extend an olive branch (advice) to all those seeking a bit of mad-chunky-monkey-madness of their own.

*I can still remember, there were some pretty awesome customs back in the days, and even to this day.

NB4M :)

Long live the 1/55!!

327568[/snapback]

Yeah If anything they are a cheap form to use as a custom.

Try your ideas out on a cheap Jetfire of Vf1. If they work do it again on a 1/48. If it doesnt youve only lost a few bucks instead of potentialy a couple of hundred.

Yove goto remember the roots of the Macross toys. For us thirtysomthings the Bandais and the glue to gether kits were all we had for years so some of us are still sentimental about the old chunkies.

Fulcy Your translated guide is right there very informative and I have a copy on my computer for reference.

Do you still have a link to your hip mod guide I saw somthing about it once but cant find it now

Edited by big F

326292[/snapback]

what they aren't...

like spawn toys??!?!? U trying to insinuate something there boy? OH!!!!!!! YOU JUST WAIT till I do a step by step jetfire to lawn dart conversion walkthrough complete with archery broadheads to make it even more dangerous than before :blink:

I personally love working with what I have excess of. I don't have spare 1/48 gbp-1s armor lying around to make a custom musha set out of that I can recast... I do have spare 1/55... easy choice for me... unless your felling generous that is :rolleyes:

They are the easy choice especially as 1/48`s are not cheap and it kinda worries me when I put the decals on one let alone paint it.

328675[/snapback]

Trust me, I share your fears. Still, I am not 100% sure I totally like the proportions of the 1/48.