Views On PlayStation Super Robot Wars...

Valk009

Need some advice and views guys ;)

I am planning to pick up one of those many variations of PS or PS2 Super Robot Wars, any suggestions on which is the best one? :rolleyes:

I heard the original on PS and the latest one on PS2 are the best...but how about those "alpha" variants, btw what are the differences?

Need some advice and views guys  ;)

I am planning to pick up one of those many variations of PS or PS2 Super Robot Wars, any suggestions on which is the best one?  :rolleyes:

All? :D

I heard the original on PS and the latest one on PS2 are the best...but how about those "alpha" variants, btw what are the differences?

Alpha isn't a variant. It's a whole series.

The original story arc was SRW2-SRW4/F, with SRWGaiden thrown in for good measure.

Alpha is a new story arc set in a diffrent universe, prresumably to avoid getting bogged down with too much backstory(though when you lug as many animes around as SRW does, it's inevitable...).

I don't know how the rest of the games mesh. I'm pretty sure there's at least one more universe.

Get Alpha 3 and the Alpha Premium pack...

I'm working through Alpha 2 right now, and aside from the need to flip through dialogue translations every now and then, it's a blast! I went with the Zengar route... "Ware wa Zengar Zombolt. Aku o tatsu tsurugi nari!" Hate picking favourites though, since you're limited to how many squads you can have, grrr....

Oh, can anybody give any pointers on how to fire off combo attacks? The only one I've successfully fired off Chakra Extension, and that's cause the game set it up for me <_<