Anime shops in Korea

Hubert

Hello everyone

Tomorrow I will go to Korea, in Seoul, and I would like to know if some people here are from Korea and could give me address of shops to buy toys (macross or others)

Do they have a good choice of news toys ? Is it interesing to buy toys/models in Korea ?

Thanks for answering or giving me tips.

Hello everyone

Tomorrow I will go to Korea, in Seoul, and I would like to know if some people here are from Korea and could give me address of shops to buy toys (macross or others)

Do they have a good choice of news toys ? Is it interesing to buy toys/models in Korea ?

Thanks for answering or giving me tips.

323285[/snapback]

I haven't been there since high school but the best I remember is that there weren't these huge anime shops but a crapload of tiny mom and pop stores that you just have to spot on the fly.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I go to Korea quite frequently on business and I must say that there are not many anime shops around...at least the places I go :unsure:

There are some shops in the COEX Mall (situated on the south side of the river and right above the "Samsung"metro station). But be warned beforehand though that the prices in Korea for imported goods are very high! I Hasegawa model will cost you at least US$30-40!

• 2 weeks later...

I m back from Korea, I had time to visit a lot of shops. I found several anime shops and the price are VERY high. There is nothing interesting about anime.

I was in a big store named "lotte" and I found a place with some toys, nothing interesting again : no choice and expansive. In the COEX mall, it's all about food and restaurant. I wonder if korean people eat at home sometimes...

Otherwise, Seoul is a nice city, well secured, you can be in the metro the night and you feel right :), it s very clean. It's very hard to find a tourist shop that sell postal cards, you need to go in bookstore.