Fine Mold's Millennium Falcon pre-order at HLJ

Penguin

In case any of my fellow model freaks are interested, Hobbylink Japan has the preorder up for Fine Mold's model kit of the Millennium Falcon.

The thing is, if this was a resin kit, the price would be no suprise. But judging from Fine Molds other SW stuff, this is going to be resin kit quality, with over 800 parts to put on it, just how ILM did with the studio kits. Ertl rereleased their Falcon recently,so a lot of people will buy one of those for $20 and be happy. But this FM Falcon is going to look like the Falcon Mike Fulmer of ILM built for ESB when it is all done.

The thing is, if this was a resin kit, the price would be no suprise. But judging from Fine Molds other SW stuff, this is going to be resin kit quality, with over 800 parts to put on it, just how ILM did with the studio kits. Ertl rereleased their Falcon recently,so a lot of people will buy one of those for $20 and be happy. But this FM Falcon is going to look like the Falcon Mike Fulmer of ILM built for ESB when it is all done.

322357[/snapback]

I remember the ERTL kit taking me about an hour to put together way back when. This one's gonna take just a little more time. Given Fine Mold's quality, this might give my "Code 3 Collectibles" die cast Falcon a run for its money... assuming I manage a half decent job of building it. :D

I remember the ERTL kit taking me about an hour to put together way back when. This one's gonna take just a little more time. Given Fine Mold's quality, this might give my "Code 3 Collectibles" die cast Falcon a run for its money... assuming I manage a half decent job of building it.  :D

322596[/snapback]

Trust me, this kit is going to be SOOOO much better than the Code 3 Falcon. For such a expensive collectible, the C3F is inaccurate to the filming model in spots, especially the sidewalls, which for the price and availability of pics of the movie model is inexcusable to me. FM took over 600 pics of the filming model, and their accuracy on each kit has been the best of any model/collectible maker, short of the guys taking actual casts off original filming/pyro kits.

Is this bigger than the Code 3 version?

I remember the ERTL kit taking me about an hour to put together way back when. This one's gonna take just a little more time. Given Fine Mold's quality, this might give my "Code 3 Collectibles" die cast Falcon a run for its money... assuming I manage a half decent job of building it.  :D

322596[/snapback]

Trust me, this kit is going to be SOOOO much better than the Code 3 Falcon. For such a expensive collectible, the C3F is inaccurate to the filming model in spots, especially the sidewalls, which for the price and availability of pics of the movie model is inexcusable to me. FM took over 600 pics of the filming model, and their accuracy on each kit has been the best of any model/collectible maker, short of the guys taking actual casts off original filming/pyro kits.

322715[/snapback]