1/48 question

kaiotheforsaken

well i pre-ordered one of the new vf-1s' and i was wondering what the best tools for pannel lining are? on my gundam kits all i use is a .5mm mechanical pencil, but i dunno how the finish on 1/48s will work with that. also is it worth pannel lining them or do they look better without, i would imagine with but i'll ask the opinion of those who know. thanks in advance.

sorry this is probably in the wrong place

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I'm a 1/55 fan myself but I'd agree with the mechanical pencil idea. Worst case scenario you can remove it, unlike marker. I would definately say that you should wait till you get it, examine it, and judge for your self. Only you know what you want and how you want it. If I relied on others opinions half my custums wouldn't have been made. On the other hand some of my customs are worth less than the parts to make them :rolleyes:

ok... thats like the fifth time I tried to add a pic and the system just goes to a white page. I refresh and still a white page. Is there something screwy with the new site as I used to upload all the time before the revision. Or is that the thing... I'm just not allowed to upload because my stuff is to freaky? Just wanted to post some macross toys that suffered horrendous misfortune in my hands :blink:

ok... thats like the fifth time I tried to add a pic and the system just goes to a white page. I refresh and still a white page. Is there something screwy with the new site as I used to upload all the time before the revision. Or is that the thing... I'm just not allowed to upload because my stuff is to freaky? Just wanted to post some macross toys that suffered horrendous misfortune in my hands :blink:

318982[/snapback]

Happens to me too. Pissing me off.

I wanted to post pics of my Aoshima Dropship custom and there¡s no use either, We should start a rant topic about it.

As for the panel lining, I was looking for some tips 'cause I want to panel line my Koenig Monster, so I used the search function and found this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=8789&hl=

Very useful, take a look.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

It'll look good with the gundam markers if you do it right.

I used the Gundam marker (dark grey) and panel lined it section by section. I used Q-tips, some of my girlfriend's makeup removing cotton squares and rubbing alcohol to rub off any excess marks and mistakes. I also played around with the alcohol, rubbing a dab of it into the lines more so that they look more natural and thinner. the whole process takes a while but it looks great and a great alternative to the wash method.

318982[/snapback]

Happens to me too. Pissing me off.

320565[/snapback]

maybe u could try making the pic smaller like less than 200kb...

i used sakura marker micron 005. works for me..