Shin Fist of the North Star

I've just seen the new Fist of the North Star ova and it's great. It is new story about Kenshiro fighting a tyrant, Sanga, who wants to dominate the world's last unpolluted water supply. It has a mixture of 2D and CGI effects. The fight scenes are more detailed and fluent. The characters are less mechanacal. The OVA features new characters like Sarah; who can heal people with her fingers and maybe a member of the Hokuto Shiken clan. Also a boy named Doma who can create water from his fists. There's is a silver haired fighter who shows up at the end of the feature. He looks sort of like Rei from the first series. Does anybody know who he might be? :ph34r:

It should be noted that our fave Macross seiyuu Akira Kamiya (Roy Focker) won't be reprising his role as Kenshiro in this Fist of the North Star OAV. Instead, our fellow Macross seiyuu Takehito Koyasu (Gamlin Kazaki) will be taking over the role of Kenshiro.

I hope this gets an offical US release some day.

Be careful what you wish for. Doesn't Mangle have the rights to the original series? I'd hate to see them follw it up by ruining a brand new OVA.

Mangle has rights to the first 36 episodes of the TV series. As of now they aren't doing anymore. I had heard rumors that Gutsoon Entertainment would do with a US release of the new OVA once Mangles rights are done. They are the parent company of Rajin comics who publish the new FOTNS graphic novels and prequel Fist of the Blue Sky comics.

Mangle has rights to the first 36 episodes of the TV series. As of now they aren't doing anymore. I had heard rumors that Gutsoon Entertainment would do with a US release of the new OVA once Mangles rights are done. They are the parent company of Rajin comics who publish the new FOTNS graphic novels and prequel Fist of the Blue Sky comics.

I thought I heard there was a Fist of the Blue Sky anime out there?

You can get a digisub of it here :)

http://www.anisekai.com/aniworld/torrent/torrents/[aW-FS]New.Fist.of.the.North.Star.OAV.1.rar.torrent

(you'll have to cut and paste the URL)

I watched it a few weeks ago and thought it was very well done. Though I know little about FotNS, so I didn't even know if it was a re-telling of an old story or what.