Customizing question

VF-18S Hornet

With the 1/48 VF-1A Production color Valkyrie (Cannon Fodder) and the reissue of the fastpacks I was considering in trying my hand at customizing this Valkyrie into a Skull Squadron CF like the one shown on DYRL using the Kakizaki color sceme it took me a while to find theses pics for reference but I like to know what you think and I also need some advice on which paints and finishes I should use to make this custom DYRL Skull Squadron CF.

post-2-1098173348.jpg

cf_green.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

green and tan?  I dont' think that mixes too well...but you can try it and let us all see.   :D

317337[/snapback]

Well thats why the black stripe offsets the green from the light brown take a look at the pictures above but I'm open to other color suggestions. :)

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Well, I'm not even sure if the green is supposed to be there in those shots. That might have been a case of an animator getting a bit too creative on a part that he knew would never really show up (that valk is only on-screen for a second before it gets blasted).

Edit: If I were going to make a CF a member of Skull Squadron, I think I'd just stick with the standard brown/tan and put one of Roy's Skull sticker on the FAST Packs (plain black and white). There are also little skulls that go behind the cockpit. The ones on the heatshield and tail fins could be tricky since white may not show up as well on brown/tan. But, I'm not even sure I'd include 'em.

H

Edited by Hurin

I take it that no one is willing to give me some adivce or tips. :(

318465[/snapback]

From what I remember of that scene (cuz I was thinking of making a 1/60 version of it a while ago), its basically a CF, but the leg fins are Kakizaki's green black, and the armor is done with his green skull. I was even planning on adding the black stripe on the arms as well.

So have at it! Its not much of a custom, and its deffinately not hard to do. So experiment with it and see what you can come up with!

318465[/snapback]

From what I remember of that scene (cuz I was thinking of making a 1/60 version of it a while ago), its basically a CF, but the leg fins are Kakizaki's green black, and the armor is done with his green skull. I was even planning on adding the black stripe on the arms as well.

So have at it! Its not much of a custom, and its deffinately not hard to do. So experiment with it and see what you can come up with!

318483[/snapback]

Why thank you, I will which paint product I should use Testors or Tamiya. :lol:

green and tan?  I dont' think that mixes too well...but you can try it and let us all see.   :D

317337[/snapback]

It'll look fine. It'll look like a tree. :lol:

318497[/snapback]

LOL :lol:

318465[/snapback]

318483[/snapback]

318739[/snapback]

Tamiya. Testors is crap, from my experience.

318465[/snapback]

318483[/snapback]

318739[/snapback]

Tamiya. Testors is crap, from my experience.

318983[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip.