latest projects

007-vf1

Here what I been working over the past 2 weeks.

Small as they may seem they were a heck of a challenge just like a hasegawa.

I realized after I have taken these pics that some decals are missing here and there.

-first the mighty VF-5000 G

post-3-1064515547_thumb.gif

second my favorite one and the hardest one to built...putting those UUM-7 MMP was rally a pain is the butt. I didn't drill them in so I have to hand hold to the resin peg until the glue would dry on the wing.

I am surprised of seeing the under mechanism detailed on the model; I brough it up with a simple oil wash

DYRL VF-1A hikaru

post-3-1064515754_thumb.gif

Last one for now and one of my favorites

Like all the other models these are panel shaded, oil washed and micron pen detailed...pretty much like Seichi did with his Doyushas ( that was my inspiration) but for some reason the white color reflects too much light and blurs the detail almost completely.

Since these kits are always stiff and dull I decided to drill holes on the joints and make them posseable. these are the smalles possible joints I have found on the net that I could accomodate on the elbos....

They are 1/144 Yellow submarine resin kits; about 50% bigger than the Nichimos and about 2/3 smaller than the Hasegawas

DYRL VF-1A battroid..

post-3-1064516167_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

Hey it looks great - amazing micro works. Maybe you could take a picture along side of something we know the scale of - I know they are small.

Keep up the good work, what about the canopy on that Gerwalk - I know its small, but have you thought about cutting thin black decal strips and piecing them together to form the canopy frame, the VF-1 is pretty much straight segments.

I love the VF-5000G :D

Thnaks for the compliments guys

VT102- I can tell by yours modeling skills that indeed they are as good as mine or better. I just took my models a step further by making it more complex. I used the very same techniques you would on any bigger scale. nothing new that hasn't been already cover on other treads. Whatever people say, an airbrush is a must supply to bring the best of what a kit can offer.

W Cheng- thanks for your kind words, The canopy is not the original, somehow I lost it somewhere along all of the dacals( arrgghhh!! :( ). I used the hasegawa and some of the other macross option decals and the imai 1/144 model canopy I found somewhere to make up. The gerwalk will remain like that until/unless I don't find them later.

Twinkie P- that's the resin Yellow Submarine in 1/144 scale

Now some scale pics for comparison...

first pic, 1/72 hasegawa ostrich and a 1/144 doyusha

second pic 1/72 hasegawa battroid

post-3-1064548054_thumb.gif

I love that scale!! Nice models 007-VF-1!! The battroid looks great and the 5000 is gorgeous!

I think that the problem you have with the pics not showing the details is that you use flash. Don't use it!! The camera flash tends to flat all detailsm, produce sharp ugly shadows and even make the paint translucent producing some weird effects on scale models. The best light source is the sun (indirect sunlight is the best) but you can use a pair of tungsten lamps close to the model (you will need to correct the hue of the pics later since tungsten lights are yellow, some cameras could do that directly)

If you still want to use flash you should deviate it's light so it doesn't illuminate the model directly (there is a lot of on-line articles on how to photograph models)

As for the wings sagging: some resins can be make maleable by heating them with hot water or a hair dryer. This way you can bend the parts to it's proper position (don't know if the resin in your models can be treated this way but you can try with spare parts or even the resin chunks the parts are attached on)

Gerwalker- ; Thanks for the tip. I kind of figure that out along some of the pics I took but since I didn't have a sunny day I didn't took more. Then my little brother took the camera with him to an indianpolis car race over the weekend.

I'll try the heating method as you suggested.

Regarding your question about the 1/144 VF-11c model; I used some 1/72 hasegawa decals and 1/170 imaii old decals (great for the 1/144's), as I have use them on the VF-5000 as well.

Thanks MJessee and memphis...