A record of garage kits

RT junkie

This site seems to be the best place for Macross modelers like myself to get advise, meet other Macross model weenies (again, like myself), and admire others' works. But also the best place to get some awesome homebuilt resin kits created by the advanced players on here. Especially since the Big manufacturers haven't produce a new kit of a "bad guy" or Destroid since the 80's (rereleases don't count), this is the best place to get my "fix". I'm sure a lot of you agree.

I'm relatively new to the site, although I've been collecting the models since the 80's. In the short time I've been here, I managed to score one of Moscato's 1/72 regults, sign up for the Oberth kit, and also for the 1/72 monster (wipes away drool).... I realize I've already missed the boat on other kits, like the Lancer.

What I would like to know is if there's any place on the site that you can find a cataloging of these projects. Maybe just the titles, a couple pics of the finished project, the year it was made, the artist and the selling price.... I think it's a shame that some of these really nice pieces get lost once they are bumped off the top page unless someone really goes digging through the archives. Let's face it, if you want something new (I'm kind of VF'd to death) the sculptors here are your only hope, and from what I've seen their end products blow away the mass produced stuff anyway.

If there isn't a place for these, maybe it could be created, and pinned kind of like the straight shooters list.

The models section on the main site is where this information you're proposing is supposed to be housed.  It's being updated currently by jesseemeyers.

317181[/snapback]

I have been to that page, but was under the impression it was more for small legit businesses, not for individual fans' projects, like the one honnemaise is doing right now. It also appears to need a lot of work (there's more construction going on in there than in a small Iraqi city). I was thinking just something simple, where each project was more of a post than a full web page. That way it is posted immediately, and doesn't need a lot of work from the admins.

I think you are up to date on the fan projects that have been offered for sale. It's only been recently that fans have really begun scratchbuilding in earnest for further distribution. Alot of this has to do with the success of these boards. Correct me if I'm wrong, people.

Honnemaise's Oberth, Cobywan's Lancer, Moscato's Regult and Booster, SSM has that VF-1D conversion (GH designed), and the 1/100 Monster from SMT (also GH designed).

I can't think of anything except recasts of garage kits that you've missed out on.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

There was also the spiderbug kit.

Mastered by GH and casted by JesseMeyers.(IIRC) Great little kit.

Then there is also an improved DYRL launch arm supposedly in the works.

Just keep your eyes open and you probably won't miss anything. There seems to be ample time to get in on a new project if you wish.

Edited by jardann