1/1 Xwing

My Buddy Ron had one that he bought for $13,200 and sold it to a guy in Australia for $24,000.

It's more like 90% Scale

35 feet long and about 2400 lbs

They only made 9 but one was lost in a accident.

The one you saw was at CIII last April.

Scot

My Buddy Ron had one that he bought for $13,200 and sold it to a guy in Australia for $24,000.

It's more like 90% Scale

35 feet long and about 2400 lbs

They only made 9 but one was lost in a accident.

The one you saw was at CIII last April.

Scot

316417[/snapback]

Jeez.. what was the shipping cost? I live in Australia.. where did the x-wing go to? I'll do a B&E and take some pics!! :ph34r:

Wow. It's that the horribly disproportioned X-Wing. Yay. S-foils are too stubby, nose is too short & the engine nacelles are too small. Basically, someone just scaled up the old Kenner X-wing toy.

316424[/snapback]

Thats funny, I was thinking that myself when I first saw the pictures. It does look out of proportion, but still cool.

Edited by LORD KUNGFU

I get so sick of seeing this thing... it's NOT a true 1/1 scale X-wing, and the wings should be closed while it's in a parked position...

It's still cool, but I guess I've just seen so many other threads of it that the "neato" factor has completely worn off on me.

Lucas had a company in Germany make them for the THX release of Star Wars, so I would say that he gave the thumbs up on building them after he saw the prototype.

As for the Ausi one.

I think it's in Sidney in a Private Collection.

I helped pack it in a shipping container and it was a B*t*h.

After we packed it a exterminator had to come and bomb it.

He said that if the first person to open it didn't have a resparator on they would either die or get cancer.

Heck for all I know it may still be on the ship headed over there because it had to go through the Panama Canal.

Meh.. Seen it. It was cool when I was 14 and there was one above the gift shop after Star Tours. Then I got a sense of proportion. :)

I will give it this, it's a lot better than the toys, or the Ertl kits.. but still.. you realize if you sat down in that thing, your feet would probably come out the torp tubes. Plus I love the way they added that hydraulic ram to raise the canopy.. right in the middle of the window. :rolleyes:

I've sat in the one my friend had and it's tight on the sides but has plenty of leg room.

I will give it this, it's a lot better than the toys, or the Ertl kits.. but still.. you realize if you sat down in that thing, your feet would probably come out the torp tubes. Plus I love the way they added that hydraulic ram to raise the canopy.. right in the middle of the window. :rolleyes:

316775[/snapback]