Yellow sub SDF-1

I've finally refocused my efforts on the Yellow Sub SDF-1 in cruiser mode (well, actually the G-system kit). I've got the main sub-assemblies together and have it primed. I'm about to begin painting and I'm struggling to figure out a good paint scheme. I've seen so many color combinations on the anime that I'm confused how to do it.

ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD PICTURES OF THEIR COMPLETED SDF-1?

I think I'm going to do the gray main color and use some paneling technique in different shades of gray. I'll do the burnt metal (goldish) color on the main thrusters/feet.

By the way... the fit on the G-Sys kit is pretty bad. Was it this bad on the Yellow sub kit?

That photo is monotoned except for the shading effects. I don't remember where I got these but... Hope this helps. I'm thinking the main colors are battleship gray (light), Realm gray (dark) and tan/radome tan "feet."

post-2518-1122423117_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1122423170_thumb.jpg

Good luck LTSO. I also have the G-System recasts of both DYRL SDF-1 kits, and this will be a great help when it comes time to paint them. Also check out Skull Leader's excellent build of the attack fortress SDF-1

Not to take over your thread, but does anyone have recommendations on colors for the TV SDF-1? I'm working on an old Arii kit and would appreciate pics and recommendations. :)

LOL, that thing go SOOOO mauled on the way back from ComicCon last year... I need to get around to fixing it, since I never displayed any pictures of the completed product. The one displayed above is WONDERFULLY done, but a little too monotone for my tastes (I used a few different colors on mine).

LSTO, I'll drag it out this weekend and shoot some pictures for you. It's the storm attacker model, but they should give you some idea.

Edited by Skull Leader

Not to take over your thread, but does anyone have recommendations on colors for the TV SDF-1?  I'm working on an old Arii kit and would appreciate pics and recommendations.  :)

314698[/snapback]

Melissa, you may want to try the straight Tamiya blue (don't remember the number)... maybe something a little lighter, and any gloss white. Those are the primary colors of the ship itself, and any number of different blue shades would be acceptable probably. Figure on a dark Gunship grey, or Euro I grey, over red for the arms.

• 2 weeks later...