1/48 VF-1S and fast packs re-release?

bandit29

• 5 weeks later...
This is going to be my first and only 1/48.  sold my 1/60s and other stuff to get it(Appeased the wife by selling mostly everything and telling her this would be the last toy I would ever buy).

323710[/snapback]

NO NO NO!! My wife does NOT tell me to get rid of my toys. Get more, MORE. It is simple first they change you then hate the changes that they helped make. Tell her that this is what makes you, you (which is true) and that helps you maintain your identity, which helps for a healthy relationship!

Yep...it's you...and if you like Macross...or a huge Macross fan...just go for it. I think at some point in our lives, we've been influenced by the shows in many unsuspecting ways.

I'm in a weird predicament ... this year and it seems that next year will be excellent times of with the release new Yamato toys ... I'm proposing to my girlfriend next month. 1/48 CF is coming out and along with the GBP-1 armor ...

... and so I'm like, grrrrrarrrrrrr! We're saving for so many things right now, especially for a house because housing prices in California is so expensive ... money lock-down sucks, but i'm gonna bite the bullet and buy upcoming 1/48 additions anyway!

Hopefully soon, I'll be able to share some of my Macross/Robotech artwork with you guys on my website.

Akabob, go ahead and get more if you feel like it man. I agree with Rune, it does help you relax a bit after a hard day's work, seeing that figure and knowing that you are not alone ... it just makes you happy? Right? And it helps the growth of your relationship.

I should clarify. When I say appease my wife, she hasnt actually told me to sell the other stuff. I just know that she would be angry if I bought this while not taking care of the other major bills that we have curently. I got smacked unexpectedly with a couple this month that have decimated the cash I had saved up for this releease. So this is a compromise to a situation that hasnt happened yet. I had many 1/60s and I honestly think that just the one 1/48 Skull with fast Packs(Roys has always been my favourite) will fill their place and what I have left over from all my sales will put major dents in my bills and cause me less worries about keeping numbers of toys safe and sound(the problem of getting older and fragility).

Edited by akabob

Just explain that valks are more valuable than diamonds. If you have to, she might be able to sell her wedding ring to cover the cost of more yamato toys. :D

For Trade: Wife's wedding ring for a Yamato 1/48 VF1S hikaru.

Invest in these and the price will grow over time, so when you are too old to apreciate them, selling them will bring back more than what you spent on them. (ie that is when yamato no longer make them anymore and macross as a series is dead)

*joking*