How to build small parts?

macroadster

I have been trying to build individual parts for a VF-0S Gerwalk. I tried to make small parts out of resin recast of other plastic models, and also eproxy putty. Unfortunately, both methods didn't work for me.

What would be the best method to build small parts like this?

post-23-1117359844.jpg

Edited by macroadster

those look like Gundam hands, probably spare Master Grade hands. you can by hands like the from Hobby Link Japan. they are called Manipulators, they have many different kinds and styles in both 1/144 and 1/100.

Hobby Link Japan

Chris

edit: added link

Edited by zeo-mare

those look like Gundam hands, probably spare Master Grade hands. you can by hands like the from Hobby Link Japan. they are called Manipulators, they have many different kinds and styles in both 1/144 and 1/100.

Hobby Link Japan

Chris

edit: added link

Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to pick up a few of those.

Any idea about the arm?

Specifically, the hands in that conversion came from the MG Gundam GP01 or GP01Fb. The High Detail Manipulators are static display pieces and are not articulated. They look a hell of a whole lot better though.

The arms were built from styrene tubing cut to shape.

It might be easier than I thought to recreate this. My first attempt was using Styrene sheets, and tried to roll it into a tube. That didn't work too well. I didn't know there were styrene tubes for sale. Silly me. How about the joints? There got to be something on hlj that I could use. I just don't know how to use hlj navigation very well. ;) Thanks guys..

post-23-1117605604.jpg

It might be easier than I thought to recreate this. My first attempt was using Styrene sheets, and tried to roll it into a tube. That didn't work too well. I didn't know there were styrene tubes for sale. Silly me. How about the joints? There got to be something on hlj that I could use. I just don't know how to use hlj navigation very well. ;) Thanks guys..

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist2.cgi?Ma...eCode=Sci&Dis=2

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist2.cgi?Ma...eCode=Sci&Dis=2