Hasegawa VF-1D Limited Edition

Gabe Q

I believe 2,000 is correct as I have heard/seen it too. Most of the Hasegawa limited kits have a run of between 2,000 to 5,000, I guess depending on demand.

Minmay Guard had a run of 5,000 while the Low Vis, Max & Millia 1J's and the Wedding 1D only had a run of 3,000 each!

If you go to Hasegawa's web page they will tell you on the quantaty released!

Andy :)

Strange I also got two with no problems and I remember HLJ still offering them a year later! And this one was the main mecha during the first two/three episodes!

On the other hand I waited a little too long to order the VF-0A and the SV-51 Ivanov and stocks were gone within the first 2-3 months!! Are the Zero kits so much more popular or have they produced like only 100 of each then?

No matter how many produced I´ll build them one day - I will probably keep the box art. By the way, the 1-D seems to be the only Hasegawa kit which did not get a cool Tenjin boxart. A pity!

It seems there was 15,000 kits produced.

I got this straight from HLJ regarding the VF-1D kit:

1/72 VF-1D Fighter Valkyrie

Code: HSG65755 Series: Macross

Special limited-production version of the incredibly-popular Hasegawa Valkyrie kit. Just 15,000 being produced. Includes photo-etched parts and Cartograf decals.