^%(*^% AIRBRUSH!

Ok enough is enough ive had this airbrush for two years ( a pasche duel action ) and ive tried every solution possible. wether it be huge speckles . chunks of paint or whatnot tonight was the last straw. Working on an at at that ive waited forever to finish....and then the paint decides to stop coming out. Tried everything , took it apart ...the thing is i dont care anymore.

I clean and run the airbrush the way it should be maintained.

Ok so whats a decent dual airbrush i can purchase in the 150ish and below range

I've got a badger and it works great. It is easy to adjust the spray pattern from a direct spray to a wide spray and easy to clean.

sounds to me like your using paints that are too thick. have you tried thinning it out abit?

also minor chance it could be the compressor like if the motor is running you will get the speckles and stuff.

2 things I found out with airbrushes, metallic paints can be a bitch to spray as they clog up easily and you don't get a regular spray pattern. And old paints can be bad as they will clump up into paint chunks. I got desperate the other day and used some old white paint and I ended up picking off little dried chunks of white paint. That will teach me to be lazy!

everythings thinned properly ...ive had the brush for two years and ive always had that effect ive tried every thinning mixture possible and a wide variety of paints

zentrandude might have hit on it though ...the motor running ..my compressor runs out of air too fast so i usually run the mototr at the same time

either way only air comes out now so ...

I use an old 30gal tank that was given to me at work. all I had to do was slap on a 1 1/2hp electric motor and hook it up to 220v plug (have to unplug my dryer to plug it in) and attached the regulator to it. works great for my air tools and I can get it down for the the air brush.

Haha, my compressor doesn't even have a tank, maybe that's why I can't get a steady spray pattern. I thought the regulator would do a good enough job of that....

Maybe it's time to get some kinda tank?

I don't run any type of tank. I spray Model master acrylic paints STRAIGHT out of the bottle (no thinning) and I get no splatter.

fp2040.jpg

sort of like this one but an older model is what i use...i have to attach my airbrush hose to the air compressor hose since the hose outlet on the compressor is too large

For those in the cali area maybe we could set up some workshops at the next mwcon ....its easier to learn from the masters when its in person