Non Macross Mecha : MAD DOG

jadefalconguard

:) I couldn't resist putting this WIP pics here.

The mecha is a Clan Omnimech armed with LRM20, 2 large Pulse Lasers and 2 Medium Pulse Laser. It's primary role is a fire support mech. Designated Mad Dog within the Clans, when the Draconis Combine forces first saw this mech in 3050 they dubbed it 'Vulture'. The sight of two of these mechs a top a mountain ridge strikes fear in the heart of enemy pilots as it spells a certain dead ! :ph34r:

Sorry, can't resist the fluff :lol:

post-23-1116792396_thumb.jpg

That's sweet... Aiden Pryde is badassed! Which Timberwolf model is that in the background of the one pic? It's not the large wooden one, is it?

EDIT: Man, I wish I could afford an Armorcast...

Edited by promethuem5

Er... actually, I think i was referring to the Vinyl.... the wooden one I'm thinking of was something else completely...

EDIT: One thing I would do is to work on the cockpit... At that larger scale, the msot convicing technique I have seen is to do the glass gloss black... a clear canpy with scratchbuilt interior would be really cool too, but it's a little late for that now... I think that the color you;ve got on it right now is a little flat tho... not enough shading or anything compared to the rest of the mech.

Edited by promethuem5

Er... actually, I think i was referring to the Vinyl.... the wooden one I'm thinking of was something else completely...

EDIT: One thing I would do is to work on the cockpit... At that larger scale, the msot convicing technique I have seen is to do the glass gloss black... a clear canpy with scratchbuilt interior would be really cool too, but it's a little late for that now... I think that the color you;ve got on it right now is a little flat tho... not enough shading or anything compared to the rest of the mech.

:rolleyes: I know, it was my first Mech/mecha/Robot like thingie I ever build. I did however use the cockpit parts of a 1/32 scale Phantom to scratchbuild an interior. But I always kept this for nostalgic reasons :D

B)) Nice work on that Joyride MadCatII. To bad they have such an ugly seam in the middle. I can't get myslf to repaint my Spirit Cat one :rolleyes:

@ Akula, if you can get your hands on "camo schemes" one of the older semi TRO's from Battletech there are some nice guides in there. Also the first edition of 'mechwarrior' RPG book has nice color schemes in there. If you want I can look them up and scan some examples. LMK

Nice repaint of the Joyride Mad Cat.... I might have to do that myself... I did some 'detailing' but looking back, its pretty aweful...

Funny how all the CBTers are flocking here.... you should all join www.lordsofthebattlefield.com (shameless plug)

:ph34r: We will follow the wisdom of General Kerensky to show the Inner Sphere the true Light of the Clan. We are Jade Falcon and shall tremble all who stands in our way. Seyla, Elizabeth Hazen, as She was the first of our brethren.

*shakes head*

:lol: It's nice to see CBT still has people who care about that. I'm kind of an exception around here in Belgium...... :(

edit : typo

Edited by jadefalconguard