New Love for the Banpresto Valks

DatterBoy

I bought 4 of these guys about a month ago. Real cheap. Costed me 28 bucks to get 4 of em, one of which was the strike. Hated em at first because for the life of me I could not get it to hold real well in any mode. I spent a good 45 minutes just trying to figure out what would make it most stable in each of the modes... and no toy should take that long to set up... Read around on the forums, learned of ways to make them more stable by joint tightening, and now, I have to admit for the price you can get em for, they're pretty cool. Proportions look pretty great in all modes, and you don't have to be all gentle.

The Strike pack looks great in detail.. but still somewhat odd design for securing them in place...

Now.. the only one thing that still bothers me is that the arm ball socket still is not strong enough. Any ideas on how to get this permanantly fixed? Since the arm is some sort of rubbery plastic, I'm not able to just add some filler to tighten it out since it expends whenever yo uadd stuff. Saw an ultimate banpresto once where the guy just straight replaced the ball socket with another one.

Any ideas?

:Dat

I just received my first Banpresto Super VF-1. The little sucker looks pretty cute in all modes, but it is extremely floppy. My biggest problem is the backpack in battroid mode. It just will not stay up. Any way to secure the backpack up in battroid? Also, the arm armour will not stay on the forearms. They just keep "popping" out. Any suggestions for that?

I just received my first Banpresto Super VF-1.  The little sucker looks pretty cute in all modes, but it is extremely floppy.  My biggest problem is the backpack in battroid mode.  It just will not stay up.  Any way to secure the backpack up in battroid?  Also, the arm armour will not stay on the forearms.  They just keep "popping" out.  Any suggestions for that?

For the backpack, disassemble it and put a little clear nail polish on the hinge to thicken it up. That should help. When you get it apart, it'll be obvious what should be thickened.

As for the arm armor, you can put something like tape or some other light adhesive substance behind them.

What I did for my custom, was permanently attach all the armor with superglue to the valk after I painted, as well as glue the "flap" the head was designed to pass through permanently down since it was floppy as well. It works fine, and can still fully transform even with that flap glued, it just takes a little more coaxing to get the head to pass through.

the attached pic was taken before i finished painting the hands and final touching up on the shoulders/arms... oh, and i don't have a digicam so this was done with a scanner :p

post-4-1064393165_thumb.jpg

Edited by soulDistortion

the attached pic was taken before i finished painting the hands and final touching up on the shoulders/arms... oh, and i don't have a digicam so this was done with a scanner :p

Hey, soulDistortion! Believe it or not I made this custom last night, and lo and behold... twins!

light%2010.jpg

Hey, soulDistortion! Believe it or not I made this custom last night, and lo and behold... twins!

light%2010.jpg

Thats awsome,

almost looks liquid, is it still wet? nice work

It's 3D, so it'll look liquid forever! HAHAHHAA... I used a gloss material since the flat stuff just got lost in the lighting. But it's not real... though it would be sweet if it was..

If you don't want to permanently attach the forarm armour I have a little trick that worked for me. Attach the armour, and hold it on (or else it would fall off) with one hand. This part is a little tricky, I used masking tap, and I wraped the whole arm and armour tightly, so it looks kind of like it was mummified. Once you have it on tight leave it for a day or there about and then unwrap. Mine are on tight enough that I can transform my banpresto and not have them fall off. Hope that can help anyone.