Wanted: image of Skull Leader cockpit HUD

acemillion

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but, I wanted to see if anyone knows where I can find an image of the skull leader cockpit. I want to make an xbox dashboard out of it and, so far have not been able to find what I am looking for. I'm looking for the 3-sectioned hud or an image of the cockpit as if sitting in the fighter with all of the controls in front. yea I know it's dorky but any assistance would help. I wouldn't even mind grabbing a screen shot off an episode if someone mentioned which scene I could find it in.

This link is to a post to a DYRL HUD. Keep in mind that there are differences between the TV Series and the Move (DYRL) cockpit HUDs.

Nevermind! That's to a VF-11 cockpit. My bad.

H

Edited by Hurin

last one

correct me if im wrong, but is that a joystick in the middle of the cockepit, i though it was supposed to be on the right hand side of the pilot. :unsure:

TV series VF-1s have the "traditional" joystick in between the legs set up. The DYRL have the more recent joystick to one side setup.

No self respecting pilot calls it a "joystick" on real aircraft it's a control colum (or flightstick). And yes the TV Valkyrie uses a between the legs configuration fer the flightstick while the late block models depicted in DYRL (and later VFs for that matter) have the newer F-16 style sidestick.

No self respecting pilot calls it a "joystick" on real aircraft it's a control colum (or flightstick). And yes the TV Valkyrie uses a between the legs configuration fer the flightstick while the late block models depicted in DYRL (and later VFs for that matter) have the newer F-16 style sidestick.

this got me thinking, why the heck does the vf-0 use the later model vf-1 controls, if it suposed made before the vf-1?

this got me thinking, why the heck does the vf-0 use the later model vf-1 controls, if it suposed made before the vf-1?

Hmmmm, perhaps because it was animated twenty years later and the creators weren't about to make things look less cool and appealing to today's viewers for the sake of nit-picky continuity concerns. :)

Which, of course, is the problem a lot of Macross fans had with Zero. All those mecha seem better/cooler than what eventually comes (technically) later!

No self respecting pilot calls it a "joystick" on real aircraft it's a control colum (or flightstick).  And yes the TV Valkyrie uses a between the legs configuration fer the flightstick while the late block models depicted in DYRL (and later VFs for that matter) have the newer F-16 style sidestick.

Different planes have different controll schemes. THe F-16 has a side stick controller but the newer F/A-18 has a center stick (and the even newer Super Hornet does too). If I had to come up with an in-story explanation I would say that the VF-0 was testing out a more refined controll scheme that didn't make it into the first blocks of VF-1s. The VF-0 was a technology demonstrator that was pressed into service, it's concievable that stuff tried out in it might not have made it into the ostensibly newer VF-1. It's like saying the Air Force is crazy for trying to make us beilieve that the F-22 is such an advanced plane whit its traditional rearward-swept wings despite the fact that the much older X-29 had Forward swept wings.