This is my version millia!

isamu5979

Well of course not.

That's why, as polidread said, it's your style. And IMO, I like and enjoy your work.

Now the latest pics are more closer to the much debated "anime" style, but is that the point? You stated that "this is my version", and it included whatever style you created for your work. You don't have to justify or appologize for your style.

And you don't have to change your style to incorporate "anime" elements or techniques, unless your truly genuine about it. But if you are pushed into it, then that's wrong, and you shouldn't be pushed to adapt your style. And if you are genuine, then at least it's your choice and not influenced by others. Well, other than constructive criticism that is. ^_^

Well of course not.

That's why, as polidread said, it's your style. And IMO, I like and enjoy your work.

Now the latest pics are more closer to the much debated "anime" style, but is that the point? You stated that "this is my version", and it included whatever style you created for your work. You don't have to justify or appologize for your style.

And you don't have to change your style to incorporate "anime" elements or techniques, unless your truly genuine about it. But if you are pushed into it, then that's wrong, and you shouldn't be pushed to adapt your style. And if you are genuine, then at least it's your choice and not influenced by others. Well, other than constructive criticism that is. ^_^

Very well said and I agree with it 100%

just draw your own style isamu5979, and while you can listen to everybody else's comments, you shouldn't really feel pressured to drawing exactly what they want. You can draw, and you can draw well. You can listen if people are telling you that your drawing skills are off (e.g. proportions are crap, etc.) but you should'nt let others dictate what style you have to draw (unless of course, they're paying you :D)

Oh yeah akt_m, you are a very, very talented artist, but I don't think you should mess with isamu5979's artwork, tho (I myself would be a bit ticked off if someone messes with my artwork without my permission)

besides... I know you'd have enough skillz to create some milia artwork that's entirely your own and as jaw dropping as this pic you've done on the valkgirl thread :)

hey isamu5979. sorry if i made you pissed of. it wasnt my intention. and bake_art you are right i shouldnt mess with others artwork, it will never happen again.

it's ok :lol: I dont mind if people touch my work :p thats the risk I took when I placed my work in the forum :lol: I should have been more clear :lol: I was comenting on the anime version that atk_m at first and then I whent on to discuss more about me and what i wanted to acomplish not by attacking you :lol: sorry for the miss understading :p

by the way atk_m are you going to fix the millia drawing? :lol:

I really want too see how she' going to look! :D

well fanally here you go :D sorry I took too long :p tell me what you guys think?

post-5-1115873139_thumb.jpg

hey isamu5979. sorry if i made you pissed of. it wasnt my intention. and bake_art you are right i shouldnt mess with others artwork, it will never happen again.

akt_m, don't be so harsh on yourself man :lol:

Besides, I'm still waiting on your valkgirl minus armour artwork ;)

And isamu5979, your latest artwork's really great! I like the curves you've managed to put on Milia B))

Wow! That last one makes Millia look like a pensive French Super Model. I love it!

PS: The words pensive and Super Model don't really belong together, do they? But it sort of captures the drawing's style and mood. :p

I know this is redundant, but:

Isamu, you should do whichever style YOU feel comfortable with or wish to convey. If someone has a criticism of things such as proportions or line quality, etc., than it is worth considering.

However, if someone wants to put you down because your not doing it in the stereotypical "anime" style that THEY like, then to hell with them. Do what YOU want to do.

Great stuff Isamu,

Dude, I gotta agree with all of bake art's comments.

Go with your style.

A lot of these dudes are just so fixated on what the original anime art looks like, that they have little room left to accept different styles of art work. Frankly, I like the face type of first rendition (with the addition of the larger hands) the best. If I had to imagine millia, who is a killer ace pilot, and in some ways a cocky "I-know-I-can-kick-your-ass" kinda girl, that face with the smirk and grin you had fit's much better than the cutsy "anime style" these dudes are wailing about.

And guys, it's really rude when you edit other people's art. Especially slapping on original stuff and saying it's "better". It's HIS ART and HIS RENDITION... The original is the original.

well fanally here you go :D sorry I took too long :p tell me what you guys think?

Keep the face that you created for the first man.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you drew the "anime-style" face here (probably because of all the "anime-style looks better comments"), and it lacks the personality you captured with your first drawing. it looks more generic now.

also, the lines you have on the hair seems a little inconsistent with the rest of the piece.

You can also try extending the hair a bit, probably right around the stomach area to show where it ends. Your choice.

Your stuff looks great man...

You're making me wanna go back to my drawing days.

well fanally here you go :D sorry I took too long :p  tell me what you guys think?

Keep the face that you created for the first man.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you drew the "anime-style" face here (probably because of all the "anime-style looks better comments"), and it lacks the personality you captured with your first drawing. it looks more generic now.

also, the lines you have on the hair seems a little inconsistent with the rest of the piece.

You can also try extending the hair a bit, probably right around the stomach area to show where it ends. Your choice.

Your stuff looks great man...

You're making me wanna go back to my drawing days.

I have to agree with What?! :huh: (....oh it's "Nani?!" :p )

As what others said, the body has killer curves, but the face IMHO is "anime" generic.

I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything, since you are trying or incorporating a new style. But it's like what Nani?! said, it's laking that [Dr. Evil voice]I don't know what.[/Dr. Evil voice]

:o This is some truly good stuff. It's always refreshing to see a new take on Millia. I also agree with NANI?!, stick with your own style. It works and looks good(about as good as anime style). ;) Looking forward to more of what you have.