reds valkyrie 1/24 vf-1s

danatureboy

Hi,

I'm a little confuse as to the make up of this item, some say it is polystone or some sort of porcelain and that makes me think it may be a statue, and others say it is soft vinyl, a platic so more model like. Most important to me is too find out how many moving parts it has, like is the landing gear retractable. Anyone who has this item, please donate.

Thank you,

H M

I had the chance to buy this back when it first came out in 1997(?). One of the local Branches of Animate imported one and it sat in the store window for several months before somebody bought it.

I wasn't very impressed by the detailing, sculpt or material so I passed it up. Yes, it is PVC, but I think it was a hard PVC like the GFF figures, rather than soft PVC like on MSiAs.

As you can see from the MW link above, it came prepainted and mostly assembled, with just some minor assembly required, like attaching the wings, tails, landing gear and missiles.

And no the landing gear were not retractable AFAIK. I think the only moving part on the who thing were the wings, which from the pictures seem to have variable sweep.

Graham

Yahoo Japan has one up (I believe it is the same one) and asking for $500 of your hard earned cash :rolleyes: Pay all the fees and shipping...around $700 and it can be yours :D

There also seems to be another huge VF-1 in 1/30 or 1/32 scale.

Yahoo Japan has one up (I believe it is the same one) and asking for $500 of your hard earned cash :rolleyes: Pay all the fees and shipping...around $700 and it can be yours :D

There also seems to be another huge VF-1 in 1/30 or 1/32 scale.

$700?

What is the other VF-1 going for?

Can you send me the link?

H M