What are these from?

THOR

oh sh-t :o where did you find this? it is from a videogame called Silpheed, part 2 is out for ther PS2 it is a overhead shooter. this is very cool i have always loved this design.

chris

A business friend in Tokyo sent me these pictures. He said he had them on his hard drive and couldn't remember where they came from. When I met my friend on his visit to the US I asked if he remembered Macross and we hit it off. He said these pics reminded him of our Macross conversation.

post-3-1113540475_thumb.jpg

thanks it is probably a kitbash. it is really nice though. it looks like the ship from Silpheed 1 for the Sega Genesis CD not Silpheed 2 Lost Planet for the PS2 which seems to have more mechanical detail on it. it is a awesome find though.

chris

ahhh yes, the SA-77 Silpheed ("mankind's last resort.....")

The game itself had some of the best eye-candy for it's time in the backgrounds.. but the game itself was "teh suck".

Major props to the soundtrack and teh cutscenes though, they were top end for their time! (I still listen to some of the soundtrack)

Man, that guy was so hella tight, he even built the variant in the cutscenes (with the extended particle cannon underslung)

Edited by Skull Leader

I remember the Silpheed game. It was one of my favorites. The cutscenes were amazing for the time. That website really has some great models. That guy is very good.

The mechs have giant dicks because that's where, don't laugh, the pilot sits. True meaning to the word "cockpit," eh? :lol:

Yeah, the designs were awesome, but the game REALLY BLOWS. American vers. has atrocious dubbing as well, typical whiny no-talent hack! Grrrr....

The mechs have giant dicks because that's where, don't laugh, the pilot sits. True meaning to the word "cockpit," eh? :lol:

Yeah, the designs were awesome, but the game REALLY BLOWS. American vers. has atrocious dubbing as well, typical whiny no-talent hack! Grrrr....

Zone of the enders 1 was not that great, but ZOE2 was awesome!!

That reminds me, I've got to get finish ZOE2.

I'm at the (spoiler)

holy shite, the radar is covered in 90% red enemy dots and I've got to fight and protect my ~10% friendly forces?!?! CHARGE!!!!

Silpheed....about the first PS2 game I bought. It was fun but I always got stuck on the flaming wheel boss so I traded it in for something else. :p

Hmmm....I forget what vers. I played. Does ZOE2 start off with the space station getting destroyed?

Nope....2 starts out with u in a crap mining mech...and stumbling on Uber mech JEHUTY....

So i guess you played 1, which i didn't. But I saw the special long trailer for it in the ZOE2 disc...and it looks as decent as ZOE2.

ZOE2 is a damn kickass game....but not many ppl talk about it...probably underrated.

OT: are all american dubs done by this one guy...whathisname...David Haytes? I seem to keep hearing his voice in every other Jap game ported to US from MGS, to ZOE2 to Devil may Cry.... <_<