How did I miss this??

Mechamaniac

Abombz! was the one to really clean it up, so I'll let him explain that part. I guess he used the eyedropper and airbrush tools.

Anyway, all I did was this:

1. I adjusted brightness and contrast. I lowered overall brightness and added contrast to get rid of a few irregularities, mainly in the dark areas like black and blue.

2. I tweaked the different channels. More luminescence and intensity on blue, red and yellow. Reduced green a wee little bit.

3. I used filters. I play with photoshop a lot for fun and for my job so I have all these little gadgets. :D I used circular selection areas on the explosions and expanded them, then used a vignette on these selections, which lets whichever effect you apply on them fade out towards the edge. Then I played around: The "Eye Candy 4000" plugins have an effect called Corona, which works like a normal gradient glow but adds a little structure as well, just like the Corona of the sun with flares blur and all. That filter I used a lot. I selected the white areas from the engine blast with the magic wand and added gradient glows and corona fx. Then I selected the light blue areas of the blast with the wand again and again glows and corona several times so the blues radiate into the surroundings.

4. To finish it off I applied a blur on the lowest setting possible.

That's it. Hope that helped. :D If you have any further questions, feel free to ask...