Clone Wars Maquette by Gentle Giant

marx

I was hoping some macrossworlders had the clone wars Yoda Maquette from gentle giant studios and would be willing to share thoughts on the statue or any other clone wars cartoon maquette. I like the cartoon version of yoda more than the live action version. My only concern is that it looks extremely small and is only 5 inches tall. It costs about $50 and most of the yoda maquette consists of a black rock that yoda is standing. Which would make the actuall size of yoda much smaller than 5 inches. I like statues to be reasonably big and for $50 this does not seem worth it. Could anyone post pics of the yoda maquette standing next to a 1/60 1/48 yamato or a 1/55 bandai for proporitional comparison? Any quality issues? Is it heavy plastic or light?

popup_2.jpg

popup_1.jpg

popup_3.jpg

Thats Yoda!!??

wow, my donger has a better chance of passing for Yoda than that.

Yes, this is a stylized version of Yoda made for the clone wars. I will admit I didn't like the way they drew him, but it grew on me. Much the same way that the Simpsons style grew on me. Even though most people hated the Simpsons style with the yellow skin and overbite, it has generally been accepted by most audiences.

cw4.jpg

Thats Yoda!!??

wow, my donger has a better chance of passing for Yoda than that.

Yes, this is a stylized version of Yoda made for the clone wars. I will admit I didn't like the way they drew him, but it grew on me. Much the same way that the Simpsons style grew on me. Even though most people hated the Simpsons style with the yellow skin and overbite, it has generally been accepted by most audiences.

cw4.jpg

AH.

Never saw the show... Still, I don't mind the drawn one... Don't like the plastic one.

The cartoon show was pretty good. Consisting of 25 chapters that take place between episodes 2 and episodes 3. Each show builds on the last show, the last 6 chapters of the Clone Wars cartoon were exceptionally good. Yoda fighting an entire droid army and smashing spaceships together was fun to watch. Grievious's lightsabre abilities are just crazy, hands to feet with four arms, nuff said. The pacing of the show is pretty good you won't get bored easily. The animation is stylized which makes it a bit more exciting to watch than if it were super realistic. You can check out the DVD for chapters 1-20. There should be another DVD with the last 5 chapters soon. The last 5 chapters were about 15 minutes long whereas the earlier chapters were much shorter in length. Hopefully they'll make some more Clone Wars maquettes, I really do enjoy the style.

CWanimatedGrievous.jpg

grievous.jpg

Sometimes the right lighting can make a toy look like crap. Paint job looks sloppy. Supposed to be 5 inches tall from the rock base. That means yoda is like 2 inches tall, that really sucks. I don't think I want this now. It doesn't even look worthy of being included in a happy meal.

gg04cwyodamaqloose.jpg

Edited by marx

Thats Yoda!!??

wow, my donger has a better chance of passing for Yoda than that

Your weener is green, wrinkly, and wears a robe? Man, you ARE soooo messed up.

I got the DVD of the first 20, it's on my 'To Watch' pile :rolleyes: ..... someday....

No, I don't put a robe on it, but I put girls on it from time to time.