VF-0 Battroid X-Ray

AlphaHX

Its from the video itself when the VF-0 transforms during the first episode. I just took screen captures... and did some editing. ;)

Its about 25 minutes in when Roy is owning the SV-51 canon fodder. :lol:

Edited by AlphaHX

Its from the video itself when the VF-0 transforms during the first episode. I just took screen captures... and did some editing. ;)

whoa...i forgot all about that :lol: very good work...the quality looks really good on it...i wonder if myataki's book is gonna have the same detail tho...

whoa...i forgot all about that :lol: very good work...the quality looks really good on it...i wonder if myataki's book is gonna have the same detail tho...

The detail looks good cuz the original is actually pretty big. :D

• 2 weeks later...

very impressive pics!!!! especially the digitally edited one. :D

offtopic.gif

Is it just me or does the vf-1 look a lot bigger than the vf-0, especially the arms and shoulders.

Question: is'nt the vf-0 supposed to be a lot bigger than the vf-1? :unsure:

bit of a noob.gif here. B))

Edited by grss1982

Indeed, the two pics are not at the same scale.

Although battroid height stats aren't available for the VF-0, if we extrapolate from the fighter stats and ignore any differences in proportion, the VF-0 should be about 30% taller than the VF-1.

Anyway, it's a nice pic. Is there a larger version hosted somewhere?

And welcome to MW, grss1982.

Indeed, the two pics are not at the same scale.

Although battroid height stats aren't available for the VF-0, if we extrapolate from the fighter stats and ignore any differences in proportion, the VF-0 should be about 30% taller than the VF-1.

Anyway, it's a nice pic. Is there a larger version hosted somewhere?

And welcome to MW, grss1982.

thanks for the welcome, ewilen. :D

Anyway, why is the vf-0 supposed to be bigger then the Vf-1, is it beacuse of the non-thermonuclear engines that the vf-0 uses? :unsure:

DEATH TO THE NEWB...

Er, uh, sorry about that.

Seriously, that's sort of a FAQ, although it's more the other way around--why is the VF-1 smaller than the VF-0? And the answer, according to Kawamori, is that the VF-1 was designed to be "size compatible" with infiltrating enemy warships, as well as small for the sake of easy stowage on space carriers. Whereas the VF-0 is a testbed for variable technology, not originally intended for operational use. Therefore we can surmise that at the time the VF-0 was originally designed, it was easier to make it big, perhaps partly because conventional engines with necessary power output had to be big (and needed somewhere to store all their fuel). Let me see if I can find the reference for my first claim...

Okay, here's the best info: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...topic=298&st=60

Look for the post by Gokurakumaru.

Or you can run the following through your favorite translator. (Better yet, bug someone who knows Japanese.) According to Gokurakumaru, it's from an interview with Kawamori which appears in the booklet accompanying one of the official M0 DVD's.

Comment of Kawamori

基本的にはVF-1の前進になる機体なので、大幅にデザインは変えられませんよね。ただ、通常のジェットエンジンを積んでいるので、燃料タンクが大きくなってしまい、どうしても機体がコンパクトにまとめきれないんです。本当は宇宙艦に積んで遠距離を運んでいき、敵艦の中に入ったりすることが前提だったので、なるべく小さく作りたかったんですけど、エンジンの開発が間に合わなかった。サイズは全長で約4メートルくらい違うので、VF-1よりふたまわりくらい大きい機体です。一見、VF-0の方がVF-1より進化した機体のように見えるんですが、実際の場合でも、試作機の方が未来的なテクノロジーが使われていたのに、量産の時に少しに現実っぽくされることがありますよね。車で例えるなら、ショーモデルと市販車の違い、最初、VF-1より古めかしくデザインしたら、ただのF-14になってしまった、リアルではあるんですけど、主人公のメカにはならない、それで、あえて試作機の方がモダンテクノロジーが使われている部分があってもいいのでは、と解釈したんです。

Edited by ewilen