Looking for a model kit (The Southern Cross)

NeoManji

I know this is a shot in the dark but i'm having trouble finding this one.. checked the usual sources already. (google, e-bay)

Anyway here it is..

GMP2LT_Lana_Box.jpg

1/12 Glorie Military Police 2nd Lt Lana Isavia

This kit was produced by ARII

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am willing to pay for this kit.

neomanji @ charter.net

Ha ha...I remember having one of these when I was very young and knew nothing about Southern Cross.

Some of the specialized anime shops in Hong Kong stock them but box condition varies and prices are quite high if I remember correctly. Also, I believe you are lookikng for the lead character, which makes things harder. I will pass by the shops tomorrow anyways and will keep an eye on it, so you get a rougfh idea on price!

Andy :)

The show up on ebay infrequently under various names. You may have to hand search. And, IIRC, that particular one was rare even when it was in production.

If all else fails, keep an active search going on ebay to e-mail you a notification when it finds matches for 'Southern Cross' under 'Model Kits'. I've seen it come up from time to time again.

Passed by the shops yesterday and actually saw them for around US$40 a kit. The only thing is that they all look pretty same, so do you have a side shot of yours as the shop carried all kits from 1 to 5!

Neo,

I won't be driving up to Tampa this weekend like I thought. Sorry.

Call House of Hobbies in Tampa, Florida.

They've been in business since 1962 and have an impressive collection of models and die cast cars.

727-943-5800

Ask them about 1/12 scale robot models in their sci-fi/Gundam shelf. They might not know they're there but I saw them last month. If one of those models says GMP, you're in luck! I think they wanted between $15 and $25.

For price bargaining...They've been sitting on their shelf since at least 1992 when I visited their store in Clearwater. The models moved to their New Port Richey store and now are in their new Palm Harbor store. I think they have a few Zentradi ship models, too.