Orguss toy question

Khyron

I found a large Orguss toy at a toy show yesterday. It is the main one that is light blue/green & turns into at least 3 things. Wings hang off its back in robot mode, it has yellow trim around its neck, the cockpit is in the crotch & the head has a flip up shield. It stands about 9" tall (about the same as a 1/55 Valk). It is missing a couple of parts so I am probably going to try to find a junker to complete this one with.

Anyone know what scale this is and other facts? I looked on ebay and only found models and small toys.

http://www.toyboxdx.com/data/takatoku2/images/top1or.gif

I believe these toys - if its the large one - are 1/40 scale. They make good companions to 1/55 Valkyries.

Incidentally, if it does have yellow trim around the head area, it sounds like you may have scored the Olson special, which I understand is rather less common than the Drifand Orguss...!

$2 canadian so around $1.80 us. It was in the junk box under the table (where all the non-complete robots were) Now I just have to find another to complete it.

:o that is a incredible price for this congrats on the great find.

chris

WTF??? You paid HOW MUCH! The Olson you bought is pretty rare. I just bought the standard colour one which is much more common and paid $90. Sebastian from MW bought the one you got from ebay and paid like $250. And it was pretty yellowed.

Good luck finding spare parts though.. these toys are getting pretty rare.

So the one in the pic is the actual toy you got? Looks in pretty good condition. So what parts are missing besides the hand?

yah, that's a good price for it. Good luck finding parts for it. If you would have gotten that toy earlier, I actually had the whole right arm that I got from a junker lot I bought off of ebay. I eventually found a buyer who needed it though, but yeah, sometimes there are parts for these things, you just need to be patient and look. :p:D:lol:

If you would have gotten that toy earlier, I actually had the whole right arm that I got from a junker lot I bought off of ebay.

Doh! I could have used the right arm. I also don't have any of the guns.

The picture is just one I found on http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toys/orguss/pics.htm to show which robot I got. No box or anything. Still the joints are pretty tight so $2 was good even if I have to display it partially behind something to hide the fact that it is missing parts.