Stereoscopic 3D images Thread

DatterBoy

Stereoscopic.. is that the right word?

Anyhow, This may be the cheapest way to see the models the guys here do in all their 3D glory. Not sure if you all are familiar with the old posters where if you get just the right amount of cross eyedness going on, you can see the 3D image. Well, this is the same concept.

OK, for those who want to be able to see the images there are 2 methods:

Cross Eyed

1. use the 2 images on the left and not the 1 on the right

2. Sit at least 1.5 - 2ft from your screen

3. With your arm outstretched, place your index finger tip between the 2 red dots

4. Focus on your finger tip and slowly draw away from the screen, notice the 2 dots moving towards each other inthe background

5. Once the 2 dots merge, adjust your newly formed dot so that it is sharp

6. Keep your eye muscle memory and look up.. BAM!!! 3D image.

Parallel View

1. Use the 2 images on the right for this

2. Choose whichever images set is sized so that if you put your nose on the screen, each eye is directly staring at a red dot. You should notice that although you are looking at 2 dots, 1 with each eye, it looks like youare looking at just 1 dot, and it should be a bit out of focus

3. Slowly move your head away from the screen maintaining that single dot

4. When you get to the point where the single dot is crystal clear, you're at a good distance to look up and see the 3D image

Note: From my expereince, cross eyed gives the best representation with proper 3D depth. Parallel feels as though the depth is exaggerated. However, taht may just apply to this set of images I have done for the first round.

How to make a set of images for 3D viewing:

- Render 2 camera views of the same shot, each shot should represent the view from the left eye and the view fromthe right eye

- This can be accomplished by rendering the first shot (reading this screen would make that the eye on the left), and the rotatin the image slightly clockwise for the second render (this would be the view from the right eye)

- Each shot should look almost identical

- Combine the 2 images onto a single file, side by side, the first shot on the right and the second on the left for cross eued viewing

- For parallel viewing, place the first on the left and the second on the right

- for a single file (as I have done) place in this order: second, first, second

- For reference dots, place the same image of anything sqaurely in the top or bottom center of each image

- keep the images a fair size, since the larger the image on screen, the more extreme a viewers eyes will have to be to merge the images via either method

Can't wait to see your stuff!

:Dat

Lol.. sweet.. so I'm not the only one who does this.. :) Well, I don't have any done with the YF-19, but here's one a did a long time ago...

This one's limited to the cross-eyed method though, I never knew there was another way to do it. :p Just use the star as the focus point and it works pretty well though. I'll see if I can't get a YF-19 up here before I go on spring break and can't get to my computer. :(

post-5-1111487651_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

CHRONOCIDAL,

That's sweet man! Damn, I love it when we can get technology for free... hahahaha. Can't wait to see the YF-19.

ROD:

Your turn! Post something! Personally, I'd like to see you do your Q Rau.

:Dat