VF-0S Battloid WIP

macroadster

Is that VF-0S custom made using a Toynami Super Poseable? If yes, then I'll move this topic to the toy forums, as it is a toy not a model and so should not really be in the model forums.

Or are you customising one of the old resin VF-1 Wonder Fest kits that Toynami based the Super Poseable sculpt on? That would make it a model kit, in which case it can stay in the model forums.

Graham

I did post this before, and it was in this thread.

I didn't give it enough attention, so I spent some time to refine the hand, shoes, fender, panel lines and decals. Small details are added every inch of the battloid. Unfortunately, my photo skill sucks, so the pictures don't justify the details. I still have to replace the upper arm with more rounded parts, like the arm from a YF-19, and shoulder from Mospeada Alpha's shoulder. :lol: If and only if I could find those kits at fairly lower price.

Your YF-19 is coming alone great. I am still waiting for more progress that.

Is that VF-0S custom made using a Toynami Super Poseable? If yes, then I'll move this topic to the toy forums, as it is a toy not a model and so should not really be in the model forums.

Or are you customising one of the old resin VF-1 Wonder Fest kits that Toynami based the Super Poseable sculpt on? That would make it a model kit, in which case it can stay in the model forums.

Graham

This thing is looking very good! Great job!

Graham: you have almost a philosophycal question here! What's a model and what's a toy? If I take appart a superposeable and fix all the deffects, cast new parts, glue it again and pose it fixed (no more movement) paint it with my airbrush and make it look just as a "model"...aside from a waste of time and money: it is still a toy?

Hey Mac, how did you do the ribbed bit on the feet? I wanted to do something like that for the feet on my VF-1 Gerwalk to hide the gap when the leg is tilted back.

Berttt

I cut sheets of styrene and stack them together like stairs to create the ribbed effects. My afterburner doesn't really have any gap with the leg. Therefore I could glue the stacked styrene to the original afterburner. I think you might need to use putty to extend the afterburner and glue the stack of styrene on the putty.

Graham

This thing is looking very good! Great job!

Graham: you have almost a philosophycal question here! What's a model and what's a toy? If I take appart a superposeable and fix all the deffects, cast new parts, glue it again and pose it fixed (no more movement) paint it with my airbrush and make it look just as a "model"...aside from a waste of time and money: it is still a toy?

I wonder about the same thing. If the toy is heavily customized with model parts (say 20% toy, 80% model parts), what category will it fall under?

Guest Bromgrev

Normally, I'd say it's question of scale and accuracy, where models usually win out over toys. The former don't need to worry about durability. Scale and accuracy in an imaginary transforming mecha, I hear you cry? But I do take issue with 'a waste of time and money' - blasphemy! :o

In my book, if it's shiny, it's a toy! :lol:

I cut sheets of styrene and stack them together like stairs to create the ribbed effects. My afterburner doesn't really have any gap with the leg. Therefore I could glue the stacked styrene to the original afterburner. I think you might need to use putty to extend the afterburner and glue the stack of styrene on the putty.

Don't soppose I could get soem close ups of those feet could I?

Cheers,

Berttt

Looking good so far, but the nose and forearms both need some work as they make it look too much like a VF-1.

Graham

Thanks. I am planning to replace the forearms with recast parts from Bandai VF-19, shoulder will be swapped out by LS Legioss armo-soldier shoulder. The nosecone will be replaced by recast part of VF-19 nosecone. Now I only need to learn how to recast parts. By replacing the shoulder and forearms, the VF-0S upper body might actually become movable, and provide different pose. We will see how it goes.

• 1 month later...