Beyond the Clouds, The Promised Place

Just finished watching this and it's absolutely freaking amazing. It's by the guy who did Hoshi no Koe (AKA Voices of a Distant Star). The story is well plotted and has a lot of depth. The characters are very realistic and people you can actually care about. The music is excellent. The designs are good, especially the backgrounds, which are just breath taking. And also one of the most unique airplane designs I've ever seen. I highly recommend watching this film, if you get a chance.

I just seen it. I've been waiting 2 !*(@&(!@ years for this to come out....can you imagine the trailer for this movie came out 2 years ago? <_<

Well the waiting paid off. The show in one word is....absolutely beautiful. I get all goosepimply looking at the visuals coupled with Tenmon's music. Makoto Shinkai's trademark "sunsets" are looking better with each production he's cranking out.....and to think HnK was his sole I-Mac creation which boosted him to fame. ;) Only thing I can complain about, voice acting for the guys were pretty bad. :rolleyes:

Someone do please explain the ending to me though. Maybe i'm reading too deep but I think the point was:

SPOILERS!!!

When Sayuri was trapped in her dreams/parallel universe, and Hiroki feeling loss over Sayuri thus being all angsty, there was a bond between them to search each other out. Sayuri treasured this bond....and knew if she woke up she would forget it and ultimately lose it. So in the end she lost it...and was sad because she forgotten something important (to confess to him? :huh: ).

Ok i'm no genius. I'm very boggled as of now. Thank you to anyone who can set me straight.

Edited by wolfx

I just seen it. I've been waiting 2 !*(@&(!@ years for this to come out....can you imagine the trailer for this movie came out 2 years ago? <_<

Well the waiting paid off. The show in one word is....absolutely beautiful. I get all goosepimply looking at the visuals coupled with Tenmon's music. Makoto Shinkai's trademark "sunsets" are looking better with each production he's cranking out.....and to think HnK was his sole I-Mac creation which boosted him to fame. ;) Only thing I can complain about, voice acting for the guys were pretty bad. :rolleyes:

Someone do please explain the ending to me though. Maybe i'm reading too deep but I think the point was:

SPOILERS!!!

When Sayuri was trapped in her dreams/parallel universe, and Hiroki feeling loss over Sayuri thus being all angsty, there was a bond between them to search each other out. Sayuri treasured this bond....and knew if she woke up she would forget it and ultimately lose it. So in the end she lost it...and was sad because she forgotten something important (to confess to him? :huh: ).

Ok i'm no genius. I'm very boggled as of now. Thank you to anyone who can set me straight.

Same here, I have been waiting for it ever since I found out he's working on the second one. I preorder the DVD/soundtrack/book to support him to do more of his work :D

Wolfx, what's your question?

What's the ending supposed to mean? :p Or did I get that right?

Sounds about right.

Really? I thought it was deeper than that. :rolleyes:

What's does the "world's dreams" (the other towers) disappearing mean? That the current world is the "real world" ? And what's that swirly thing in the tower.

Edited by wolfx

Wolfx, what's your question?

What's the ending supposed to mean? :p Or did I get that right?

Sounds about right.

Really? I thought it was deeper than that. :rolleyes:

What's does the "world's dreams" (the other towers) disappearing mean? That the current world is the "real world" ? And what's that swirly thing in the tower.

The other towers were the other realities. They disapeared with the connection got severed. What was inside was probably the inner workings of the tower itself. If you recall, the mini-tower the south was using was a twisted shape. Really, the show is about love and friendship at its heart.

I just re-watched the pilot from 2 years back and realised that almost no animation in the Pilot was used for the actual film. 2 years back I was wondering if they could put together a "trailer" like this...what the hell is taking them so long? The pilot seems to be created independent from the actual film, and though some scenes were in the movie, they're different from the pilot. ;)

Well I just watched it, and I must say I was impressed. The art was beautiful, and the story was well crafted. The beginning was a little jerky, but the rest was great. It kind of makes me want to see Hoshi no Koe now. That and learn to fly and play the violin. :lol: I reaslly enjoyed it.