HELP! question about 1/55's from past2now

kanata67

I noticed you were bidding on the same Jetfire parts auction I am ...

Ebay Lnk

Is there something specific you want from that lot? I was just going to use the parts to repair one of my Jetfires and customize another (once I get a bit of practice in).

Edited by Luclin999

there is also a spanish box 1990 vf-1s super. if you want pictures of it, i can probably get someone at home to take some.

Yes, I actually own this one. "Sorprendente Transformacion!"

It's an official Bandai release, so the box design is the same as the Japanese release (except for the text being in Spanish and French, and no Macross logo anywhere), and as far as I know the actual toy is, too.

The only intriguing thing is that while the Japanese release seems to have two separate polystyrene trays for the valk and FAST packs, the Spanish one has no break in the middle and so is just one whole piece of polystyrene.

there is also a spanish box 1990 vf-1s super.  if you want pictures of it, i can probably get someone at home to take some.

Yes, I actually own this one. "Sorprendente Transformacion!"

It's an official Bandai release, so the box design is the same as the Japanese release (except for the text being in Spanish and French, and no Macross logo anywhere), and as far as I know the actual toy is, too.

The only intriguing thing is that while the Japanese release seems to have two separate polystyrene trays for the valk and FAST packs, the Spanish one has no break in the middle and so is just one whole piece of polystyrene.

that was the way the taiwanese super came... with one large insert. It still says "bandai" on the backplate? Got any pics?

Kanata, there's also the Chinese bootleg 1/55. It's based after the 200x reissue line and comes with a removable clear canopy. IIRC, the paint scheme is almost 100% accurate. It's very rare here in the USA, I've only seen it once on ebay and it the bidding started at 49.99. Funny because it sold for the equivalent of $5 in China.

Speaking of which, that reminds me, someone here might still be able to get one. Need to PM him.

Kanata, there's also the Chinese bootleg 1/55. It's based after the 200x reissue line and comes with a removable clear canopy. IIRC, the paint scheme is almost 100% accurate. It's very rare here in the USA, I've only seen it once on ebay and it the bidding started at 49.99. Funny because it sold for the equivalent of $5 in China.

Speaking of which, that reminds me, someone here might still be able to get one. Need to PM him.

Is that the one with the LEDs in the nose?

There is a guy on ebay that sells galaxy defenders every week or so. He sells them one at a time and seems to have an endless supply. They come without box but he is pretty reliable.

yeah... he is pretty reliable. I can get one from him for less than $20 shipped. He does however want twice the shipping cost if it's in box. For $30 I'd rather buy a bandai than most bootlegs

Kanata, there's also the Chinese bootleg 1/55.  It's based after the 200x reissue line and comes with a removable clear canopy.  IIRC, the paint scheme is almost 100% accurate.  It's very rare here in the USA, I've only seen it once on ebay and it the bidding started at 49.99.  Funny because it sold for the equivalent of $5 in China.

Speaking of which, that reminds me, someone here might still be able to get one.  Need to PM him.

I think it might have had LED's. Damn I wish I had saved those screenshots. :)

Kanata, there's also the Chinese bootleg 1/55.  It's based after the 200x reissue line and comes with a removable clear canopy.  IIRC, the paint scheme is almost 100% accurate.  It's very rare here in the USA, I've only seen it once on ebay and it the bidding started at 49.99.  Funny because it sold for the equivalent of $5 in China.

Speaking of which, that reminds me, someone here might still be able to get one.  Need to PM him.

I think it might have had LED's. Damn I wish I had saved those screenshots. :)

Here you have:

Excuses accepted Black Valkyrie.

Yes they can accept original parts.

I never tried Frankenvalks out of them but they are faithfull ABS crappy copies ... but at least they are still ABS.

This are not new at all, the picture is at leats two years old.

Excuses accepted Black Valkyrie.

Yes they can accept original parts.

I never tried Frankenvalks out of them but they are faithfull ABS crappy copies ... but at least they are still ABS.

This are not new at all, the picture is at leats two years old.

oh... diferen't than the one I was thinking of. I have three of the one that comes with blue fastpacks. As for doing franken valks of these... I highly recommend against it. I've done more than a few horrible things to valks but even I can't stomach the cheap ass abs on a jetfire. I tried using parts from abs ones to repair valks as opposed using jetfire parts to upgrade these. Yeah you can get the parts to fit [usually with a little filling] but some bits just don't work... like the head hatch which can't handle being on a jetfire body without busting the first time you move it, or the backplate which can't support the weight or screws. You can use an arm if your just trying to make a nice custom display piece though.

with the cost of shipping you can get a bandai reissue for the price of two of these off ebay :blink:

on the other hand Black Valkyrie... I can always use parts and am a known trade whore :rolleyes: