Future + PollyS = Bad?

armentage

So I'm still getting the hang of using Future between layers of detail.... I'm practicing on my Macross II VF2SS, which I've been painting Dark Ghost Gray using PollyS acrylics.

All has been going well until just now when I sprayed Future on the legs! Horror, tradegy!

The future went on a little thick in some places, slight bulges that I can sand down. Trouble is, the PollyS Ghost Gray seems to have run under these buldges. The color's gone a little cloudy and just doesn't seem right.

The Ghost Gray has been dry for days now...

Any ideas whats going on? I really hope I won't have to strip the paint and try again, it was a lot of work to mask and paint the leg & the fast pack :(

Right, I've done to base color layers and am putting down Future so I can do a wash (to bring out the panel lines) fill in the black details (like the surface of the landing gear doors) and apply decals.

Also, acrlyics tend to flake off unless there's something on top protecting them. The old Tamiya Medium Blue I am using also picks up finger prints something terrible, so the Future's helps prevent stains from handling.

Well, the future dried a little more, and things aren't as bad as I thought. There's a few spots where it collected a little too thick, but the color's okay underneath.

I did another piece, the non-blue part of the fast-pack, and it came out awful. Luckily it's not a very complicated piece, and I can sand it down and paint again. I guess I need to limit the flow a bit when spraying the future.

I agree that Tamiya chips like nothing else if you don't seal it.. I use Vallejo Matte Varnish sprayed through my airbrush to seal my Tamiyas. It is acrylic too, but when it's cured, it dries pretty hard and thins with regular water.

Maybe i'm weird, but I don't like future at all

Household amonia = Windex?

Will it damage the putty, glue, or plastic?

I think windex should work too, I just use straight household amonia but that's what I have on hand.

No it won't damage the model at all, try a test piece of you like.

I just dipped a mis-painted Akazukin Cha-cha figuring in windex and the paint streamed off like water. I was shocked!

As for the "mis-painted", I haven't watched the show in 10 years and forgot what her dress looked like :(

Lucky for me, I was at my mom's place and found my 10 year old copies of Hobby Japan that as a chapter of Figure Ai-land about Cha-cha herself!