Model Karma

Mechleader

armentage... i laughed so hard at your post. I imagined that commercial with that cat and the spaghetti sauce. The wife comes home and sees him with the cat in his hand covered with red and a knife in his other hand.

Heheh I think they got the idea for that commercial from me! I'm gonna sue. :p

I have numerous scars all over my hands from various Xacto knife and saw accitents.

Oh man, I have some sort of scar on every digit and movable part of my hands. Many were from when I worked at my dad's tool&die/machine shop during college, it was impossible to go through a week there without bleeding.

Add to that all the DIY projects on my fixer house I bought plus all the modeling I do, I can't belive I still have all my fingers.

Well, I work in a saw-mill, operating a huge industrial planer/moulder and in 15 years have only had to make the hospital run twice and the worst of those was only a broken finger.

In 30 years as a modeler I've had a few minor cuts from modeling knives but nothing worth boasting about. I use SGT quite a bit so I keep a botle of Loctite Detach on my workbench but I've only ever needed it a couple of times.

As for bad karma in my models, I've had a few problems over the years but nothing so bad that it sticks in my memory, sure I've dropped wet painted parts on the carpet and broken small pins and even stuck bits on wrong way round and had to disassemble and redo but on the whole there has never been anything that made modeling other than a pleasure for me. I just wish I had more time to do it, my "build queue" must number nearly 600 kits now but if one of them has bad karma I haven't reached it yet.