Stands for Toys, Models

cyde01

In the models thread, I see lots of Hasegawas with nice looking stands. I wouldn't mind having some for my yammies. Where can I find some, or the materials to make one of my own? I want something simple, not like the Yamato launch arm.

I would've posted this in the where to buy section but I thought it was relevant here too. Move it, if you must.

and the MW member s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d made some fantastic fibreglass stands on ball joints a while back. I don't know if he's got them for sale still but they are great. I bought 3 of them.

and the MW member s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d made some fantastic fibreglass stands on ball joints a while back. I don't know if he's got them for sale still but they are great. I bought 3 of them.

You mean these? Uh, I'm pretty sure he didn't make those stands, but pooled our cash for a bulk order to save us all a few bucks. I bought like ten or something and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Check out Twin Moons. I'm pretty sure you can still get some there if s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d doesn't have any left.

post-4-1108028533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Yup, they're the ones. Sorry, I thought he made em for some reason. Anyway, they're great. They will easily support a 1/48. I can even balance a large size star wars y-wing toy on it.

i'd also like to know if there's anything similar available that's not online.

like at a hobby store, interior decorating store or at a hardware store or something. or maybe even parts to make my own.

Check your local hobby shop, but they'll likely be more expensive than to have Tamim ship them to you. Especially if you buy more than one. Personally, I would recommend you get at least one stand of each rod length so you can mix and match them to fit any pose you want in any mode you want. Having only one rod length doesn't allow for much other than Fighter mode.

stopped by the local hobby store. it's an awesome store, but the emphasis is on RC cars/planes. couldn't find anything. i just moved to a new area so i don't know any better places.