Is there away to get that Yellow Tint?

broadshore

Title tells it!

I was trying to fine a way to get the Clear plastic to have a Yellowish look like some Marine and Naval Fighters.

How would it be done? I like to get some help here first before making my way to Fine Scale Modeller board. Come on model Proscalers! Give me a hand here!

<PS> Can't wait to show off my VF-1SER.. EEeeeeeeeee :DB))

Get some future floor polish or Tamiya clear and add a few drops of the liquid from Tamiya gold into it to tint the clear and then airbrush on until it is as dark as you like it.

That's A Good Idea!

I might try that with my 19.

You Know when Isamu first sees it in the series and and it has that awsome sheen to it. It was almost like a mirror. Do you think that process might turn out ok?

Add Tamiya, Mr Color or food coloring (any water based) clear tints to future acrylic floor polish, dip the piece in and let it dry. Walla. Super Sheen plus tint!

You can also brush it on, airbrush it, spray it or dip it. No need to thin.

Man, future is GREAT STUFF.

If you screw up, you can soak it in future, windex or Castrol Super Clean to eat the layer off and redo it. It won't harm the plastic (ABS, PVC or Styrene).

But test the soaking just in case.

Food coloring+Future is one of the most common ways of doing it. The other way is simply airbrushing thin coats of Tamiya Clear Yellow, possibly with some Smoke or Clear Orange mixed in.

Word of advice: don't overdo it. It's quite subtle in real life 99% of the time. All those shots you see that have really "orange" cockpits are mostly the work of the orange light from a sunset, strongly accentuating the golden canopy. That, or the photographer kept trying to get JUST the perfect lighting angle that it'd "flare" orange. On a normal day, you really need to look, it's more like "slightly dark glass with a slightly yellow-brown tint". And F-18's tend to have pink-yellow, vs the F-16's orange-yellow. (Though Super Hornets are brown-yellow) I have plenty of pics of the real thing in normal lighting.

Edited by David Hingtgen

The coating on the glass is actually a microscopic layer of gold something about reflecting strong radar from the pilots. More so on the EA6B prowler it looks almost solid even in normal daylight. Then again with the ECM that the prowler puts out it could fry the pilots in their seats. The package on the prowler and the very well missed and more effective(supersonic) F111 raven could jam the electricity to an entire city and black it out its so strong.